Chelsea 1969-70

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethicalstrategy

First Team Regular
Messages
4,907
Reaction score
31
There is a programme about the season on ESPN Classic right now for those who can get it.

Repeated at 2.45 this morning and 11.30 Friday morning.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Watched most of it. Great to see the likes of Ossie, Hutch & Chopper playing in front of packed & noisy crowds.

Love watching old footage like that and reminding myself what crap, muddy pitches players had to perform on back then - "if you're good you can play on anything..........."

The one drawback was the fact that John Hollins was the studio guest doing all the talking. Just can't stand the bloke after he f**ked things up for us back in the '80's.

 
Where can I find ESPN Classic?

Nibs - I know what you mean about Hollins' management f*ck ups, but in fairness he was one of our best and most consistent players for well over 10 years.

 
John Hollins as our manager was not a good spell for the Club but memories of him as a player are still very fond ones...he even had a shot on him in those days that almost rivalled the power of Dirty Leeds Peter Lorimer, loved the bloke back then :D

 
its a shame they didnt have chopper in, would love to hear him talk about the cup final and replay. hollins didnt really want to talk about the battle, i bet chopper would have, and with a great big grin on his face....

 
Where can I find ESPN Classic?Nibs - I know what you mean about Hollins' management f*ck ups, but in fairness he was one of our best and most consistent players for well over 10 years.
Its on Sky, although I don't think you need the sports package to get it.

 
It's on Sky 442.

Thanks for the info about the programme - have recorded it!

 
Thanks for the info, fellas - I don't have Sky, so I'll just have to imagine how good it was! :D

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top