Copa America 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a night yesterday; Bolivia's first win in the competition since 1997 - we hadn't won away since 2007, and now we're top of the group!  :JC_doubleup:

 
Why the f**k do they show this on such a obscure channel.. Premier Sports? Do me a favour, the quality is all jumpy and half time I'm seeing 2nd division Hockey..

 
all this talk about Falcao, but Salomon Rondon (Zenit) from Venezeula should be the CFC target. He looked so far in the tournament. Scored the winner vs Colombia & was a thorn in the side of Peru, despite his side having only 10 men. If you can, check this dude's game out.

RONDON-SALOMON-01-ACT.jpg
 
Cuadrado plays exactly like he did for Chelsea..loses the ball way way too easy...

 
Wish they'd have invited England to this tournament, we might even have won it. Quality is very poor so far.

 
Just learned 3 teams go through the 4 team groups..so if Brazil or Venezuela win, Colombia is through. If they draw 0-0 they are through with Peru and Colombia is out..

 
Brazil winning means Bolivia face Peru in the next round, having qualified for the knock-out stages for the first time since 1997!

I heard from family in Bolivia that the celebrations were everywhere, mental and through the night.. fingers crossed we can do something against the Peruvians this Thursday. 

Just to add to the above - there's something about either the Bolivians or Peruvians succeeding on Chilean soil that makes me smile... 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brazil winning means Bolivia face Peru in the next round, having qualified for the knock-out stages for the first time since 1997!

I heard from family in Bolivia that the celebrations were everywhere, mental and through the night.. fingers crossed we can do something against the Peruvians this Thursday. 

Just to add to the above - there's something about either the Bolivians or Peruvians succeeding on Chilean soil that makes me smile... 
yeah I root for Bolivia too

 
Unbelievably Cavani got sent off for that! 

I think there's an inherited need to 'get one over' the opponent in Latin American football - do anything you can to win, even if it's against the rules. Suarez is a perfect example, and Costa in some respects has the bug too - I wouldn't say he's malicious but he's certainly cheeky AF. Certainly doesn't make me love him any less! 

When I last went to visit family in South America and we were playing a casual game of 5's in the park, some of the guys were bloody diving and giving it lip all the way through - I couldn't believe it!

Anyway back to the Copa America - I'm risking an awful Friday to stay up late and watch the Bolivia match tonight (12:30am) - hoping we can pull off a miracle spot in the Semi's! 

 
Top effort by the Guardian in the 'how to describe the Jara/Cavani incident' saga:

This tournament has seen Chile chart a course from romance via the decision not to suspend Vidal over his arrest on drink-driving charges and Gonzalo Jara’s digital provocation of Edinson Cavani, to the pragmatic decision to try to kick Argentina off their stride.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top