David Dean Leaves the Arse

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, Roman Abramovich at Chelsea aside, Wenger does not believe that overseas cash injections guarantee success and he would be loath to compromise what he sees as the club's long-term financial strategy.
So does that mean Wenger believes that Roman's money guaranteed success? Or is that Sky having a go yet a-bloody-gain. I'm not going to bother justifying this garbage. But isn't it amazing how often these toerags manage to get their little digs in.
Personally I think they're actually paying us a backhanded compliment without even realising they are doing so. Let me explain what I mean.

Roman's money has not guaranteed success however it has definitely been a major contributory factor. Newcastle and Leeds tried it but both failed spectacularly which proves money does not guarantee success. Have we bought the league? Personally I'm of the belief that every premiership title ever won has been bought in some form or other, the only difference is the cost factor and over what time period the money was spent. The Mancs would not have had the early Premiership successes without buying Cantona; Blackburn would not have won the title without Uncle Jack; Arsenal would not have won titles without buying Henry, Anelka, Petit, Vieira etc; we would not have won the title without Roman. But these people were only part of the equation. Yes money counts however having the right person to manage/coach the team is the ultimate guarantee of success. Ferguson, Wenger, Dalglish and Jose are/were all top notch managers who tasted success with other clubs as managers prior to joining their eventual Premiership winning teams. To me the true guarantee of success is a mixture of money and a great coach. Taking that comment into consideration you could actually say Wenger has been complimentary to Jose in admitting Jose is a great coach without actually saying so.

 
From BYOBBC:

Wenger told the News of the World: "I'm not against foreign ownership of clubs, how could I?"I'm a foreign manager and there are many foreign players at Arsenal and in the Premiership.

"But it has to be done in the right way. If it happens at Arsenal it would not mean I'd quit the club."
Funny that...I could've sworn it was Wenger who said about a year ago that English clubs need to have English ownership.
300.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top