Dishonoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur

I've found the one
Messages
9,759
Reaction score
2,920
Anyone getting this tomorrow for Xbox 360/PC/PS3? I've followed its development pretty closely and the reviews it's been getting this week have been outstanding, Game of the Year, 9.5/10 etc.

For anyone who doesn't know much about Dishonoured, it's a stealth game set in a steam-punk Victorian London-esque world called Dunwall.

You play as an assassin with powers such as the ability to teleport short distances, possess people (and animals, e.g.rats, fish), slow time, conjure whirlwinds...

The game encourages you to be stealthy though. You can just go in all guns blazing till you assassinate you target, but it is actually possible to complete the game by not killing a single person. There are numerous different ways to complete your objectives. For example, if you need to get into a building where your target is, you can possess a rat and head through the sewers which lead into the building. Or find a route over the roofs, or possess a guard, or silently kill your way through.

It really looks brilliant and i can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow!


 
Last edited by a moderator:
I`m gonna get it once ive played borderlands 2 out, we are having a chat about it in the "game recommendations" thread.

 
Looks interesting, will get it 2nd hand once it's been out a few months.

 
Not sure if this is only in America, but there are always giant sales around our Thanksgiving time (late November) to get people to shop for Christmas. You can usually get some great deals on DVDs and games off Amazon around then, so I plan on waiting until then to see if I can get this, Borderlands 2, or AC:3 for cheapish.

 
Is it around xmas when amazon do there black friday deal?

 
I caved and got this yesterday, and its fantastic. I got to about 9.30pm and thought I would have a quick hour or so on it. Looked at the clock and it was nearly 2am.........

 
I caved and got this yesterday, and its fantastic. I got to about 9.30pm and thought I would have a quick hour or so on it. Looked at the clock and it was nearly 2am.........
What console are you playing it on?

 
Xbox.The thing is I normally dont like Stealth em ups, just couldnt get to grips with the likes of Thief, AC etc (no patience, I like to go guns blazing :laugh2: ) but I`m loving this so far.

 
Got this on Friday and i too thought i'd play it for an hour or so...started at 11pm, looked at the clock and saw it was 2am! It's brilliant!

 
...I normally dont like Stealth em ups, just couldnt get to grips with the likes of Thief...
I absolutely loved the idea of Thief and enjoyed the game up to a point, but the living dead ruined it for me.

 
I started playing this over the weekend, its a really good game, quite the thinker really, trying to work out routes to get past guards without being spotted.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top