Kanye west at glasto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Chemical brothers last night, what a show, superb.

 
Weller is on tonight at 8.00pm. West should do himself a favour and see what a proper legend is all about.
I woke up the other day with 'You Do Something To Me' stuck in my head and haven't been able to dislodge it since. It's weird because I hadn't heard it in about five years.

 
I've never understood this "celebrity DJ" malarkey.  You press play or put the needle on the record, wait till the end of the song and then do the same thing for the next song.  I have an Ipod that does that.

 
I've never understood this "celebrity DJ" malarkey.  You press play or put the needle on the record, wait till the end of the song and then do the same thing for the next song.  I have an Ipod that does that.
Better yet, buy one of those Now That's What I Call Music CD's. Lots of songs on there and you don't even have to change the record. 

 
That's true, but isn't that what most of them do anyway?

 
This is true Kev, for the likes of Paris Hilton etc, who aren't really doing anything at all when they are in the booth.

 
I watched the Sleaford Mods last night on Iplayer and one of the things I like most about them is the bloke who does the music doesn't pretend to be doing anything on stage, he literally just presses a key in his laptop then stands there nodding his head and sipping from a can of lager.

I'm not a big fan of their music but their set was good, very intense.

 
I watched the Sleaford Mods last night on Iplayer and one of the things I like most about them is the bloke who does the music doesn't pretend to be doing anything on stage, he literally just presses a key in his laptop then stands there nodding his head and sipping from a can of lager.

I'm not a big fan of their music but their set was good, very intense.
I went to a UB40 gig in Eastbourne last month and the 'warm up act' consisted of something very similar, apart from the can of lager bit.

It was absolute sh*te and after about 20 minutes of this self indulgent  tosh more than half the audience had walked out and many of them were complaining to the harrassed staff and asking for a refund.  My musical tastes are wide and varied but  they don't extend to watching some bloke on stage playing with his laptop. Do that stuff in your bedroom, not on stage to a paying audience.

I should just add that once he cleared off and UB40 took over they were superb. I never tire of seeing or hearing them despite the line-up changes.

 
Coldplay were supported by someone similar a few years back.  Tosh

I've just seen that UB40 are playing in Shrewsbury in October - might have to get along for old times sake!

 
I've never understood this "celebrity DJ" malarkey.  You press play or put the needle on the record, wait till the end of the song and then do the same thing for the next song.  I have an Ipod that does that.
There are exceptions:

caa210975a541a7ede4b9d7b8967cc4f.jpg


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top