Mirrors Edge 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnidroid70

On the Bench
Messages
946
Reaction score
27
Anybody else ridiculously excited by the announcement of Mirrors Edge 2?

Been hoping they'd make a sequel ever since the first one came out. Thought it was a great concept but they just didn't do enough with it, ended up being way too short. A game like Just Cause 2 (open world for those who haven't played it) in the futuristic City setting could be absolutely incredible. Longer campaign is needed as well!

Teaser Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4ZZ-2xVWE

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Never really liked the first one to be honest. One of those games I would like to see others play but wouldn't put myself through it personally, let's hope this one is better.

 
Me! I absolutely loved Mirrors Edge.

Even though it was a simple game, and generally quite straight forward at times, the idea was really cool, and I remember thinking it had really impressive rooftop and heights sections.

All helped by the fact I got the game for about 7 quid a few months after it came out. 

Like you said, a longer campaign would be good, but yes very excited by this. 

 

Anybody else ridiculously excited by the announcement of Mirrors Edge 2?
 
I loved Mirror's Edge too. It's a shame the new one looks exactly the same as the first one. I just hope it's longer and has a few new gameplay elements.

Games on the new gen consoles i'm excited for:

Watch Dogs

Destiny.

Battlefield 4

In that order!

 
I remember someone posted a trailer for the first one here a while ago and i was pretty confused by it as I couldn't actually tell what you *do* in the game, other than run and jump around and kill some people. I mean, what genre would it fall under? What is the basic storyline?

 
I remember someone posted a trailer for the first one here a while ago and i was pretty confused by it as I couldn't actually tell what you *do* in the game, other than run and jump around and kill some people. I mean, what genre would it fall under? What is the basic storyline?
Storyline is a bit naff.

Family member has been stitched up and you are gonna help clear them using your free running abilities that you usually use as a courier or something like that anyway. 

Basically it's a puzzle game, you have to get from A to B on the map using free running and using the surrounding environment to help you. There's very little fighting in the game and it's more about thinking quickly and reacting.

I've played it through and it was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from FPS games and the stresses of FIFA. 

 
It's one of those games that you have to have played before it makes any sense properly. It's great fun to play, just the first one was too short.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top