New Chelsea Fan

al66

New Signing
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hopefully I won't get too much grief for this, but I'm a born and bred Boro fan now also supporting Chelsea. Having returned back to London 2 years ago after 20 yrs abroad and with an escalating Anxiety disorder (related to undiagnosed dyslexia) I was advised by my Dr to get back into things that I'm passionate about....ie going to live footie games.

Getting back to Teesside every other weekend wasn't an option due to family commitments so I decided to go and see a game at a London club. Having good memories of the atmosphere/passion at Stamford bridge going there as a Boro fan in the 80s & 90s (and less fond memories of being chased across SW London after one particular game ? ) I decided to go and see Chelsea vs Newcastle.

....anyway, long story short, loved the atmosphere in the MH end and have been to pretty much every home game since.

 
Hopefully I won't get too much grief for this, but I'm a born and bred Boro fan now also supporting Chelsea. Having returned back to London 2 years ago after 20 yrs abroad and with an escalating Anxiety disorder (related to undiagnosed dyslexia) I was advised by my Dr to get back into things that I'm passionate about....ie going to live footie games.

Getting back to Teesside every other weekend wasn't an option due to family commitments so I decided to go and see a game at a London club. Having good memories of the atmosphere/passion at Stamford bridge going there as a Boro fan in the 80s & 90s (and less fond memories of being chased across SW London after one particular game ? ) I decided to go and see Chelsea vs Newcastle.

....anyway, long story short, loved the atmosphere in the MH end and have been to pretty much every home game since.
Welcome Al66.

 
Welcome mate, people are welcome to join the Chelsea family at any stage even more so if they are motivated to go to games. As you become more embedded at SB be interesting to know what you will do if CFC draw Borough at home in one of the cups. Hopefully now you are a blue you will stay one. We both have lions it’s just that your former club’s is looking the wrong way.

 
Welcome Al66.
Cheers mate. Haha, Chelsea v Boro would be a tough one. Loyalty would stop me going in either away end so I'd have to say, as I'm living in SW London and going to Chelsea regularly, it would be home end at the Bridge and skip if it was at the Riverside.

 
Cheers mate. Haha, Chelsea v Boro would be a tough one. Loyalty would stop me going in either away end so I'd have to say, as I'm living in SW London and going to Chelsea regularly, it would be home end at the Bridge and skip if it was at the Riverside.
I live in South London and have met two chaps from Billingham, one a workmate and the other a dancer.

The workmate was a Boro supporter though this was over 20 years ago, we had some interesting chats.

 
Back
Top