Radu Drăgușin - Thiago Silva's replacement?

Tuchel wanted Kilman as well.

I think the right vs left side debate is massively overstated, it's one of those things made up by 'tactics bloggers' and regurgitated on social media so frequently that everyone believes it is a profound concept. 
I can see why you think that, and it should in theory be no big deal for a top class CB to switch comfortably between right and left. In reality players do easily lose their bearings and get their angles wrong when played out of their normal position. I never saw JT ( an all-time great CB, and genuinely two-footed) look more uncomfortable than when he was played on the right for England under Capello in the 2010 WC in SA. I think he was shifted to allow Upson to play on the left. England got taken apart by Germany and JT (and Upson, of course) looked like fish out of water.

 
So my fellow Romanian has just signed for Spurs. 

It's a shame because now Spurs will be all over Romanian television, 24/7.

Apparently he rejected Bayern because he gave his word to Spurs way before Tuchel called him. But pundits say it is just an excuse - he did not want to go there because of the competition. He'd have had to displace Kim, Upamecano or De Ligt from the first team. Also Bayern will go all in for Ronald Araujo next summer. 

As for Dragusin - I think he is a decent player, but it will be interesting to see how he will adapt to Postecoglu's tactics and the PL environment. 

In Genoa and the Romanian NT he has always played in a low block. Now it is going to be the exact opposite. Could turn ugly fast or he could adapt to a new rhythm fast. Remains to be seen.

 
Back
Top