Random Movies Coming Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read the Watchmen graphic novel which was suggested several times by friends, but I did enjoy the movie.  300 was fun, but that's about it.  I haven't seen the new Superman, but was hopeful until I started reading rt.

 
I have to agree with Maksimov!  Much as I love Gerard Butler, 300 was total sh*te!  I  always think of it as ZOO!!

 
300 was terrible as a movie. The original graphic novel was pretty decent. I guess the movie looked pretty cool in parts, but it didn't change the fact that the movie was terrible.

Watchmen was a better effort and it had some good moments, but as a whole it was a bit of a mess. If 300's source material was pretty decent, Watchmen's source material is pretty much a must read graphic novel. I know it's pretty much impossible to transfer it all into a movie and I tried to give it some slack because of that, but it just isn't a good movie.

One of the things that I hate about Snyder's movies is his obsession with using those super slo-mo and speed ramp effects in his fights ALL THE TIME. It's like someone using bullet time all the time. It's almost as if he just doesn't know how to shoot a fight scene "straight up".

The previous Superman movie was just painfully boring and I haven't heard many good things about this new one, so I haven't seen it.

Will it be a Superman vs. Batman movie? I thought it's just a movie with both of them in it.

Yeah, I think he's just about the most boring superhero. Captain America doesn't have the powers that Superman has, but in a way he's too "perfect" to be interesting. Definitely one of the most boring superheroes.
300 is just junk food for the eyes. Some of the most entertaining fight scenes I've watched and was loyal to the source material.

Watchmen was ahead if the curve with regards to comic book movies and again was loyal to the source material, maybe too loyal at times. It's an entertaining watch but I get its a but love/hate generally.

Rumoured title is Batman Vs Superman so a fight is certainly on cards rather than a Justice League style team up.

 
Ahead of the curve? How?

Too loyal? The ending definitely wasn't loyal.
The tone wasn't trying to make light of its source material just because it was a comic.

The change to the ending was necessary in my eyes because running at three hours you would have needed another half hour to wedge in the originals ending.

 
Batman seemed less interesting to me after seeing 'Big Daddy' storm the Lumber plant in 'Kick Ass'. I know that Batman doesn't use guns because of the way his parents died but seeing Cage stabbing, shooting and grenading his way through the gang members did make me wonder. A top film scene and second only in that film to 'Hit Girl's' rescue of her father and Kick Ass (the warehouse scene).

 
Michael Bay is slowly killing my childhood.  If he touches Thundercats I will need to get his address.

BP89fMbCMAMSsch.png


Megan-Fox-TMNT3.jpg


 
I'm looking forward to the Alan Partridge movie, initial reactions seem to be quite positive.


 
Yurusarezarumono: Japanese remake of Unforgiven

Just came across this:

TOKYO —

Veteran Hollywood movie star and director Clint Eastwood says he is thrilled at the Japanese remake of his 1992 Oscar-winning revisionist western “Unforgiven.â€

The Japanese version, titled “Yurusarezarumono,†is directed and written by South Korean Lee Sang-il. Inspired by Eastwood’s film, writer/director Lee Sang-il (the Japan Academy Prize-winning film “Villain,†“Hula Girlsâ€) shifts the setting to Hokkaido. The film stars Ken Watanabe as Jubei Kamata, reinterpreting the role played by Eastwood in the original, with Akira Emoto (“Villain,†“Dr Akagiâ€) taking on the part played by Morgan Freeman, and Koichi Sato (“Crest of Betrayal,†“What the Snow Bringsâ€) reprising Gene Hackman’s role as the authoritarian lawman.

The story is set around 1880, the start of the Meiji period following the collapse of the Edo shogunate, at a time when the Japanese government is attempting to open the land (then named Ezo) populated by the indigenous Ainu people.

In the shogunate’s waning days, Jubei Kamata (Watanabe), a former swordsman of the shogunate, slaughters countless rebels under orders, earning a fearsome reputation in Kyoto. Following the government’s collapse, he takes part in a succession of bloody battles culminating in the decisive battle at Goryokaku, then vanishes without a trace, eluding the determined efforts of the new government to capture him.

More than a decade later, Kamata lives in desolate isolation as a frugal rancher with an Ainu woman as his wife and their children. His wife — who alone transformed a man whose only reason for existence was to kill — dies, leaving him to guard over her grave with their children in sparse austerity.

However, the man who vowed never to take sword again finds himself driven by poverty to once again join battle as a bounty hunter. Together with a former comrade, he faces those convinced in their own justice. Another cycle of violence starts anew in another new era.

At a news conference in Tokyo, Watanabe read out a message from Eastwood, with whom he worked in “Letters From Iwo Jima.â€

“Very impressive. I am beyond contented. I feel the beginning of a new era for Japanese cinema,†Eastwood said in the message.

Watanabe said: “Clint has a big heart, allowing us to remake his film without hesitation. Not only did he allow us to do so, but he also embraced the project.â€

Recalling his thoughts when he started the project, Sang-il said, “It has been 20 years since the release of ‘Unforgiven.’ People wander between ‘good’ and ‘evil,’ no matter who you are — this is the theme, which lies within this film and it speaks deeply to us even today, still unable to end the vicious cycle of violence. It is my belief to create films that people can relate to — people who carry doubts and redemption, striving to be right, rather than people who insist they are right without any doubts.â€

The film opens in Japan on Sept 13. There are no plans yet for a U.S. release.
 
Hmmm, this is one movie that I definitely didn't expect to see in the cinemas this year:


 
Pain & Gain

Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (Dwayne Johnson). Their kidnapping and extortion scheme goes terribly wrong since they have muscles for brains and they're left to haphazardly try to hold onto the elusive American dream.
It looks awful, but I will probably watch it anyway

 
I'm really looking forward to this:

972272_10151669214439834_488175295_n.jpg


 
I don't tend to watch many films and very very rarely go to the cinema, it maybe for that reason that I don't know what makes a movie a "random movie" as per the title.  Can someone please explain?

Thanks.

 
I think it was just started by someone who wanted to discuss several movies that were coming soon. Since then, other people have come to post trailers and the like for other upcoming cinema, rather than clog up the Last Movie thread or something similar.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top