The Matrix [1999] (Greatest Movie of All-Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

New Signing
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Philosophical analogies, revolutionary plot, hyperreality, superficial existence, mythology, religious mysticism, birth of some of the greatest quotes in history, substance beneath the groundbreaking action, monumental performances from Keanu Reeves & Loz Fishburne.

American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption come undeniably close but this movie has been dumbed down for too long by those who see action but blind to the substance.

vfi54g.jpg


 
Well even though I really like Matrix I wouldn't count it as one of the best of all time. Not even in the top 3.

Also, it really is too bad that it had such mediocre sequals. The next two movies almost makes the first one worse.

 
The Matrix is a great film, I agree, but it's no Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

You can figure out the mystery behind Morpheus by having read Plato's Republic beforehand, but no one saw John Candy's character's plot twist coming... ^___^

 
I think Morpheus needs to watch a few more films. ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
I think Morpheus needs to watch a few more films. :lol:
don't get me wrong i rate the great movies like shawshank, pulp fiction and so forth but for too long the matrix has been overlooked.

 
best film of all time :lol: think again my friend go watch avatar that is some crazy cinema magic. matrix good but not in the top ten.

 
Philosophical analogies, revolutionary plot, hyperreality, superficial existence, mythology, religious mysticism, birth of some of the greatest quotes in history, substance beneath the groundbreaking action, monumental performances from Keanu Reeves & Loz Fishburne.American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption come undeniably close but this movie has been dumbed down for too long by those who see action but blind to the substance.

vfi54g.jpg
Ha ha ha

 
The Matrix ? Oh please... Its pap.

Fodder for Red Dwarf fans.

And dont get me started on The Shawshank Redemption. Why is this movie always at the top of all time lists ? Its always The Shawshank Redemption! Why ? Read the book ffs....

Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Now thats not actually a bad shout!!! better than those listed thats for sure. John Hughes and John Candy. Great match.

 
The Matrix ? Oh please... Its pap. Fodder for Red Dwarf fans.

And dont get me started on The Shawshank Redemption. Why is this movie always at the top of all time lists ? Its always The Shawshank Redemption! Why ? Read the book ffs....

Now thats not actually a bad shout!!! better than those listed thats for sure. John Hughes and John Candy. Great match.
Hey, whats wrong with being a Red Dwarf fan? cheeky sod. but i agree with you on The Shawshank Redemption, decent film but thats about it. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is a fantastic film, as are most of John Candy`s films. Uncle Buck is one of my favourite comedies of all time.

 
I don't think it was even in the top 5 films in 1999 let alone all time.

Ignoring the films which weren't mainstream I could probably name 10 films which were on general release in 1999 which I thought were far better.

errr... now I suppose I better try to.

OK

American Beauty

Man on the Moon

Being John Malkovich

Fight Club

Eyes Wide Shut (yes I know everyone else hates it)

Magnolia

Run Lola Run

The War Zone

The Blair Witch Project (again I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea)

All About My Mother (OK that one wasn't totally o general relases but it was screened pretty widely)

Personally I watched the Matrix once and have never been inclined to watch it a second time however I guess it is all down to personal taste (I must be mellowing with middle age)

 
Thanks loz, you just reminded me to watch Magnolia again.

I didn't realise all those films came out in '99. It was quite a year...

 
Yeah, '99 was a great year. Man on the Moon was really good and Jim Carrey was excellent in that one.

 
The first matrix was a great film but it really had it an age genre as teenagers at the time thought cooooool. As for the second and third, they just went abit over the top too much and the story just got stupid.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top