The Poster Formerly known as Lofty

Terribly sad news, we'd had a few tasty encounters down the years, forthright and understanding, god bless you kidda😞

 
Sad to read this, always enjoyed his posts on the game and stories of the past. Absolutely loved it when he would go off at whatever resident dipper we had lurking around at the time😅

RIP mate.

 
Sad to read this, always enjoyed his posts on the game and stories of the past. Absolutely loved it when he would go off at whatever resident dipper we had lurking around at the time😅

RIP mate.
Yes, I loved it when he went f**king apesh*t. Mind you, he never did it to me; I would have had to chastise him if he had.

 
Yes, I loved it when he went f**king apesh*t. Mind you, he never did it to me; I would have had to chastise him if he had.
It was always very entertaining, but you just knew it would lead to him being banned once again from the forum.

 
yes,   but within a few days he would pop up with a new name which would last for a while until another explosion erupted.  And at one point we had newbies pretending they knew all about Lofty, when clearly they couldn't have. He used to phone me and explode when he'd been banned, saying it was all the other f**kwit's fault. and I would say things like, "well, try calling him an ignominious moron next time!"  He would laugh and say "Nah, people might think I was a poofter if I talked like that"

Give my love to Ruhbuhjuh next time you're talking to him. x

 
yes,   but within a few days he would pop up with a new name which would last for a while until another explosion erupted.  And at one point we had newbies pretending they knew all about Lofty, when clearly they couldn't have. He used to phone me and explode when he'd been banned, saying it was all the other f**kwit's fault. and I would say things like, "well, try calling him an ignominious moron next time!"  He would laugh and say "Nah, people might think I was a poofter if I talked like that"

Give my love to Ruhbuhjuh next time you're talking to him. x
Will do!

 
I had some great chats back with him back in the day as both Lofty & Tommy,RIP, but keep everyone on the level up there!

 
As I think he started the thread how about changing the (the what are you listening to ) to something like Lofty or Rogers music thread.
No, Lofty did start the thread, But he called himself Norman The Gambler

 
Large kudos moi for the news & your thoughtful choice of songs et al. He was a spirited, provocative poster who lived on the edge & so, keenly appreciated by other spirited, provocative posters among us. He was old decent chels & will be missed. We all seem to be avalanching down that rickety slope now. I hope he felt no pain at the end - salutations Lofty you sublime rascal.

 
Well, he was in some pain.  He has stage 4 Prostate cancer which had spread to his bones. He fell over at home in the afternoon at 4p.m., managed to crawl to the phone to call for an ambulance --- which arrived at  1.30 a.m.  His sister rang me to tell me so I was able to have a very quick word with him at the hospital.  Then they dosed him with morphine.  He fell asleep and didn't wake up.

It is a bloody waste.  If they had removed his prostate when the cancer first appeared two years ago, he would still be cursing and swearing at all the f**kwits.  I am torn between anger and grieving.

 
He fell over at home in the afternoon at 4p.m., managed to crawl to the phone to call for an ambulance --- which arrived at  1.30 a.m
I don't want to turn this into a political debate but frankly this is just so wrong and makes me angry just reading it.

 
Jesus wept. God rest his soul. Moi you are an Angel. 
I am no angel, Scott.  Angels do nice things for people they don't like.  When I don't like people, at best I am polite to them, or coldly polite. I never invite them to my house and wouldn't accept an  invitation to theirs.  ILofty/Roger and I had been phoning each other for about ten years, and i loved him like a brother.  Absolutely no romantic stuff involved.  His niece, Amy,  has written a letter of complaint to their MP, but I doubt if anything will come of it.  Roger was only .66 and could have had another  20 years 

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but frankly this is just so wrong and makes me angry just reading it.
Exactly.  In all the time he was ill he saw his doctor once.  He was expected to describe his symptoms over the phone.  The NHS in Wales is sh*t.

 
I am no angel, Scott.  Angels do nice things for people they don't like.  When I don't like people, at best I am polite to them, or coldly polite. I never invite them to my house and wouldn't accept an  invitation to theirs.  
That just means you're an angel with discerning taste....

 
Jeeso man, coming back on here has depressed me a bit. I’m late to this as I’ve not been on in a while but to see that some really good and longstanding posters are no longer with us really breaks my heart☹️

RIP Lofty!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top