VACATION (National Lampoons) New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just wrong, maybe I am just a grumpy old man but....

These films were all about Chevy Chase.I am getting the same horrible feeling as when I heard Steve Martin playing Inspector Clouseau

I will not be watching

 
Yeah I hate these remakes.

Orignal with Chevy was a classic and I'd rather watch that 100 times over than the one above.

Same goes with Ghostbusters.

 
This is just wrong, maybe I am just a grumpy old man but....

These films were all about Chevy Chase.I am getting the same horrible feeling as when I heard Steve Martin playing Inspector Clouseau

I will not be watching
and i neither will i, such a lack of originality these days.

 
Yeah I'm not too excited for Ghostbusters, apparently they are doing two separate films (men group, girl group), then at some point it will all tie together in another film.

 
Alarm bells rang purely on the fact a 'Vacation' movie had a red band trailer. The original didn't have that level of crudity or gross out humour. God I've become an old man...

You can't top Chevy Chase written by John Hughes and directed by Harold Ramis but this film doesn't even seem to be trying to capture what makes these films timeless.

 
Chevy is the man!

I feel quite sad, he's all old and grey now, makes you feel a bit down, when all your childhood heroes start getting old.

We're next Abigsmurf.

 
Why? Why do this, ruining great old films with sh*tty remakes.

 
I found them quite amusing back in the day.

Loved Chevy in these films...also Caddy shack which was superb!

Remakes are rife just now though, it's just lazy and almost all are poor as no effort goes into them as the script is basically already written...just different faces and some CGI.

 
I think if you found these films awful then you kind of missed the point just my view... :smile:

I love the European vacation one with Mel Smith as the hotel owner and Eric Idle as the bloke on the bike. Typically British it was spot on.  

 
I think if you found these films awful then you kind of missed the point just my view... :smile:

I love the European vacation one with Mel Smith as the hotel owner and Eric Idle as the bloke on the bike. Typically British it was spot on.  
YES!  Apparently it wasn't well received in America, I guess we can relate to a lot of it a bit more? "Ah yes, the grease balls" :laugh2:

I remember our local video shop were getting rid of a load of their VHS tapes, me and my sister went halves with our pocket money, and picked up an ex-rental copy of European Vacation!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top