What Gadgets do you Own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR6 is a classic car, similar to a Triumph Spitfire. They then went and made a TR7 which is one of the worst cars ever built.

 
TR6 is a classic car, similar to a Triumph Spitfire. They then went and made a TR7 which is one of the worst cars ever built.
I love it when I'm right - such a rare occurrence, alas! But I have distant memories of an old boyfriend who had a dark green TR6 which had a thing called "overdrive" which at the time was something to be very proud of.

 
I love it when I'm right - such a rare occurrence, alas! But I have distant memories of an old boyfriend who had a dark green TR6 which had a thing called "overdrive" which at the time was something to be very proud of.
Yep, quite a few cars of that era had overdrive on the stick, I think it was an option on the TR6 which was basically a boost for overtaking. Was a beautiful motor, then they ruined it with the TR7. Look at the difference..

TR6

Triumph%20TR6%20front%201973.jpg


TR7

1975-triumph-tr7-4_460x0w.jpg


 
Oh yes! That was it! Thanks for that dickywuh. Brings memories flooding back!

 
Yup it's a triumph I'll upload a pic. Still needs some work but it runs

Al

/monthly_01_2012/post-7143-132551768273.jpg

 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325517686.380945.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325517686.380945.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Nice, Canuck! As gadgets go, it's top of the range!

 
No, they're not! But Canuck obvisoul;y regards this as his "toy" the same way dickywuh regards all his gadgets.

 
Yeah she's pretty sweet but temperamental. Spend more time wrenching than driving. 😭

Al

 
Yeah she's pretty sweet but temperamental. Spend more time wrenching than driving.
I suppose that's part of the charm. Makes them feel more "yours" when you spend all that time fixing them, eh?

 
I suppose that's part of the charm. Makes them feel more "yours" when you spend all that time fixing them, eh?
Makes me wonder what Canuck's wife/partner/girldfirend us like... :wink:

 
I suppose that's part of the charm. Makes them feel more "yours" when you spend all that time fixing them, eh?
Yup that pretty much is it. Although I certainly could go for less charm and more driving!

Al

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top