Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My copy - which cost £44.97 inclusive - arrived today.

As advertised, the box includes two DVDs, 64 Bit and 32 bit versions. Not that I'll be installing it just yet. I'll still be using XP as my default OS, and want to up a fresh dual boot, meaning I'll have finish backing up then reinstall and update XP all over again before I even think about installing Windows 7.

 
Mines on and running (received and installed yesterday, Amazon must of got them earlier), installed well and so far runs fine.

 
This is my contribution to this thread. Apparently this is real and not a joke.

22ng560734059.jpg


 
The uninstall command - D:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force - doesn't work with the 64 BIT version, so after booting into Windows 7, I effectively disabled it by setting XP as the default OS and Time to Display Startup Options to 0 seconds. Then I rebooted into XP and formatted the Windows 7 partition. I'm left with a couple of useless 64 bit files on the C: drive but they're not actually doing anything apart from taking up a minuscule amount of space. I'm wondering whether installing Windows 7 32 BIT would overwrite those files or rename them. I might try give it a go sometime, but not today.
Exsqueeze me? Speak farking English Lofty. It would be easier to understand a scouser.

:)

 
I'm running Windows 7 via Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro. I had to try it since my gaming rig is still a Windows based machine and I wanted to do some testing on it. I have to say that I'm very unimpressed at the moment.

I haven't done a lot with it, and maybe just installing Avast!, Comodo, and Firefox after doing the double install using the upgrade version soured me, but Windows 7 just feels and acts too much like Vista. I know it's basically the same engine and skin, but it really just feels like Vista with a different shell. I'm still getting the in's and out's of it though, so maybe I'll change my mind. With that said...

Snow Leopard > Windows 7. :P

 
Ive got it today and installed it already. seems good so far, but cant say a lot about it. good thing: it doesnt make any problems so far.

i used vista before that and never had a real prolem with it too

 
It felt strange from Vista to Windows 7, but as soon as you get more use to it after a week or so, you will see that it does blow it away! Even though it is pretty much cosmetically the same.

It is much faster starting up, shutting down, moving files, etc.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top