1 song by an artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urm...

The Who - Baba O'Riley

Journey - Don't Stop Belivin'

Boston - More Than A Feeling

Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

Dolly Parton - Jolene

Gene Pitney - 24 Hours From Tulsa

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love

Cher - Blowin' In The Wind (sorry Bob, her version is way more hippified)

 
Bluebeard,Dolly Parton? I will Always Love You?

where did that one come from, sentimental value I assume.
Oit, that just missed out to Jolene on my list.

Dolly rules. Plays her own instruments (played about 10 when I saw her live), writes her own songs, doesn't have her voice digitally enhanced (careful now people), has her own theme park, gives loads to charity, started a book club for children, saved the world, walked on the moon, sings her cover versions better than the original and is still completely down to earth.

Oh, and she's brilliant in 9 to 5

And she's going to have her own Broadway show.

 
I was only Joking-Rod Stewart

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable now-The Smiths

Farewell is a lonely sound-Jimmy Ruffin

Heartbreaker-Dolly Parton (sentimetal Value)

Jack Of Hearts-Bob Dylan

Paradise by the Dashboard lights-Meatloaf

Brandy-The O-Jays

Homely Girl-The Chi-Lites

La La means I love You-The Delfonics

She's in love with the Boy-Trisha Yearwood

Again Sentimental value plays a part but this was a quick ten off the top of my head.

 
This is SOOOO hard - trying to single out just one song from an artist you love.

It's easier for me to pick 10 songs I love by artists whose music doesn't mean much to me, or the rest of whose music is totally unknown to me.

Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go. Fantastic song. Two stunning live versions, one acoustic

Daniel Lanois - Sonho Dourado. Instrumental guitar track from a fim called Friday Night Lights

Maximo park - Going Missing. Excellent single. And the acoustic version's great, too.

Stain'd - It's Been a While. Great slow song

Montrose - Bad Motor Scooter. Great rocker from the 70s

Atomic Rooster - Devel's Answer. As above

Ian Hunter - Soul of America. Bouncy rock song from the Mott man.

Ryan Adams - Desire. Great slow song

Pearl Jam - I Am Mine. By far the best song I've heard by this band.

Pere Ubu - Breath. Really dislike most things by this band, but this is great

 
here are some of mine tonight, but I'm sure they will have changed by tomorrow!

Kick out the Jams-MC5

Town Called Malice-The Jam

War Pigs- Sabbath

Inflamable Material- Stiff Little Fingers

I'm not Like Everybody Else- The Kinks

My generation- The Who

Olson Olson- Sigur Ros

Accross the Universe- The Beatlles

Sittin' ontop of the World- Cream

Cossroads- Robert Johnson

Man in the Box- Alice in Chains

Intervention- Arcade Fire

Dry the Rain- Beta Band

I see the Rain- Marmalade

Sweet Sensation- The Melodians

Dayvan Cowboy- Boards of Canada

already over 10 and could keep going!

 
Marquee Moon- Television

The Plan- Built to Spill

Forever- The Charlatans

Move on Up- Curtis

Janie Jones- The Clash

New Rose- The Damned

The End- The Doors

no, I have to stop!!!

 
I was only Joking-Rod StewartHeaven Knows I'm Miserable now-The Smiths

Farewell is a lonely sound-Jimmy Ruffin

Heartbreaker-Dolly Parton (sentimetal Value)

Jack Of Hearts-Bob Dylan

Paradise by the Dashboard lights-Meatloaf

Brandy-The O-Jays

Homely Girl-The Chi-Lites

La La means I love You-The Delfonics

She's in love with the Boy-Trisha Yearwood

Again Sentimental value plays a part but this was a quick ten off the top of my head.
wasn't that Dionne Warwick, or am I thinking of different song

 
I was only Joking-Rod StewartHeaven Knows I'm Miserable now-The Smiths

Farewell is a lonely sound-Jimmy Ruffin

Heartbreaker-Dolly Parton (sentimetal Value)

Jack Of Hearts-Bob Dylan

Paradise by the Dashboard lights-Meatloaf

Brandy-The O-Jays

Homely Girl-The Chi-Lites

La La means I love You-The Delfonics

She's in love with the Boy-Trisha Yearwood

Again Sentimental value plays a part but this was a quick ten off the top of my head.
Can't argue with any of them, Chippy! Well, actually, I can

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable now-The Smiths - talentless drone merchants

Heartbreaker-Dolly Parton (sentimetal Value) - probably not the best bits of Dolly

Jack Of Hearts-Bob Dylan - even more drony, folk of the WORST order.

OK - 7/10 for you - maybe your not totally in my head after all!

<_< ^_^ :)

kev

 
Stain'd - It's Been a While. Great slow song
yea was thinkin bout that one myself. crackin song

sexelk,we disagree (so to speak) again.

You Were Always On My Mind.....Elvis or The Pet Shop Boys?

Just goes to show, one mans floor is another mans ceiling.
life time achievement award tonight at the brits <_<

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Staind mentioned in this thread, 'Break the Cycle' is one of my favourite all time albums.

 
Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon

or maybe Say Goodbye to Hollywood? O, I thknk someone needs to start up another Make a choice, give a choice thread!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Will too! Whiney, beardy,croaky talentless old tosser that he is! he deserves a proper dissing! The bloke is a prime example of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Jeeezus, "Voice of a generation" indeed! Purveyor of mawkish, trite old cliches, more like!

and what an actor?? more (oops) less expression and emotion than the woodenest of woody things!

 
reaches for dram to settle her beating heart!

Actor? Was he ever in a film? never saw it, if so!

But the Desire album, the Infidels album, not to mention Another Side of Bob Dylan and many others .....

You're going to tell me next that you don't like Leonard Cohen ....

 
It's amazing how you know me so well after such a brief relationship :)

That's right, I don't like Leonard Cohen,

Not even Halle-Lu-fecking-Jar

:) ::MooNeY::

And the problem with Another side of Bob Dylan is that it is just as crap as the first side!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how you know me so well after such a brief relationship :)That's right, I don't like Leonard Cohen,

Not even Halle-Lu-fecking-Jar

:) ::MooNeY::

And the problem with Another side of Bob Dylan is that it is just as crap as the first side!
You keep your briefs to yourself, you iconoclast, you. If you also tell me you don't like Bruce Springsteen I will have to remove you from my Christmas card list.

 
You keep your briefs to yourself, you iconoclast, you. If you also tell me you don't like Bruce Springsteen I will have to remove you from my Christmas card list.
Phew, that's OK then - another card saying Joyeux Noel for my mantlepiece - The Boss is fine - I have several singles on the jukebox and a couple of albums in the car.

How anyone can justify to themselves Springsteen, Dylan and Cohen is beyond me, though. Must be something to do with a copious intake of whiskey :) ::MooNeY:: :)

kev

 
Dylan filmsMasked and Anonymous

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Oh right. Haven 't seen either of these. I have to say I can't imagine him being any good as an actor. He should stick to what he does best. (no doubt YB will tell us what that is!)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top