15 years!

Mod

A Touchable
Staff member
Messages
19,160
Reaction score
8,768
I had totally missed the date, July 16th 2006, 15 years of this forum. A few other guise before that, but yea, 15 years of The Shed End Forum.

Nice one everyone old and new 👍

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when Loz came back and we hauled in a convoy of all the oldies to welcome him back, for every single one to f**k off again  :biggrin:

 
2006??? Pff, other clubs have had their online forums since 1901, typical for us to enjoy success in our life time and not like those old vampires out there...

200.gif


 
Graet site, and great community, happy to be part of it for last 10 odd years. When you dont live in London, and struggle to get to games, its great to come on here and talk Chelsea, for better or for worse!

 
Graet site, and great community, happy to be part of it for last 10 odd years. When you dont live in London, and struggle to get to games, its great to come on here and talk Chelsea, for better or for worse!
100% agree.

As an Australian, I love this place and speaking with like-minded supporters. It's great to speak about all things Chelsea.

 
Just noticed this thread, I was about in the old CSR days (There was a version before that I believe?) , and I joined while I was living in Italy so I can date it accurately I would have joined the  start of  2001 so 20 years !  - I have given up my season ticket, become a father and got married and settled down in Bristol since that time, where on earth did it go so wrong !   

I joined as I was secondment from work in Italy and I knew I would miss the match day banter.  It wasn't for the feint hearted back then 🙂 I think the whole user base would have been banned compared to day 🙂

Interesting I was just nosing around a couple of days back and amazingly searched for Priesty's Chelsea refuge thinking about this forum and it is still up ..... not updated but who remembers him ?   Still a cracking read but just a small browse through will give you the level the forum was at, I used to love his match reports on the forum 🙂    .... times have changed, probably for the better in all honesty but, nothing like a bit of nostalgia; 

Carefree, Wherever You May Be - Priesty's Chelsea FC Football Refuge (oocities.org)
 
 
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
I think I joined the old CSR back in the late 90's as a way to keep up with Chelsea news while living in the US.  Glad to say I've met a few folks at games and even for beers outside of games due to this forum.

I remember the old CSR you replied directly to someone and it popped up as a diagonal list to all the replies...and people we upset when that was taken away!

 
Fabulous achievement, although i'm not a huge poster, like smoother constants, this site has kept me sane since i joined, love the camaraderie and bonhomie, keep going....

 
I remember calling Loz from America on 30 April 2005 just after the final whistle at Bolton  to share our joy with seeing our Chelsea crowned Champions of England. Both of us  pissed and just trying to soak it all in,  at that point I felt like I belonged to the best group of Chelsea Supporters ever.

There are still a few old guard around here and I love everyone of you you.

You know who you are.

Class of July 16 2006 

 
Back
Top