21st Century Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Nooooo :( I just bought the single of Play.com when it was released, will have a look and see if iTunes are selling them.

Yessss iTunes have them, at 99p each. I already bought the two non-album tracks - A Quick One While He's Away and Another State of Mind for 99p. Another near £4 on four songs. Oh well, it's worth it :( will download them tomorrow and give you my reviews.

Someone at my work had a song by a Ne-Yo on their phone. I was genuinely ignorant to who or what a Ne-Yo was. My "whats a Ne-Yo" was welcomed with vacant looks. Apparently he's a singer, and after listening to one song I turned it off. No thanks.

 
Nice one :D

I haven't got the other two, will have a look around tomorrow!

Oh god, I hate Ne-Yo. I hate all that type of music cause it's all about getting with some amazingly hot girl who's had so many plactic surgeries you can't see any natural skin anymore and yet they're still amazing. Either that or losing that girl, and complaining about it. Stupidity.

 
I saw Blink 182 and Green Day in concert together once it was pretty awesome.

I agreed with G4's beginning part, American Idiot was too political for me, but despite the two guitarists lack of guitar talent, I still love Blink, plus Travis is incredible!

 
Not long till I go see them live on Friday 23rd October :angry: very very excited.

People may hate what they've become, what they sing about and everything else, but they're bloody brilliant and I love 'em.

Hoping they perform American Eulogy, can't find a set list for their tour so far anywhere on the Internet. There is an outside chance they could play Uptight (Nimrod) or Worry Rock... but there's more chance of Fernando Torres washing his hair :(

21 Guns is gonna sound awesome live :D

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I feel that the album before American Idiot, Warning I think it was called, already bore the matured mark fully-fleshed out in American Idiot. I haven't had a listen to the latest album, but I just hope that the band doesn't get defined by teh success of just that one album (no matter how good it may have been).

 
I just hope that the band doesn't get defined by teh success of just that one album (no matter how good it may have been).
If that were to happen, wouldn't that one album be Dookie instead of American Idiot? As big a success as American Idiot has been, Dookie is still the album that made them popular.

 
There have been bands that were popular before, but garnered insane mainstream sucess after the release of a single release that was not their first album (Metallica - Black Album, Nirvana - Nevermind).

US Idiot was what, I feel, made people take Green Day more seriously as a band, instead of just 3 guys singing about masturbation and pulling teeth.

 
There have been bands that were popular before, but garnered insane mainstream sucess after the release of a single release that was not their first album (Metallica - Black Album, Nirvana - Nevermind).
Dookie was not Green Day's first album.

US Idiot was what, I feel, made people take Green Day more seriously as a band, instead of just 3 guys singing about masturbation and pulling teeth.
They certainly achieved that with American Idiot, but they also saved their career as their record sale had been getting worse with every new release since the late '90s.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top