MKBlue
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,161
- Reaction score
- 629
Is that the blocks of flats on Lillie Road, going towards Putney and Hammersmith?Yes! This thread lives!
Same group different angle.
![]()
Is that the blocks of flats on Lillie Road, going towards Putney and Hammersmith?Yes! This thread lives!
Same group different angle.
![]()
Well spotted Ewell.Clem Atlee Estate in the background by the look of it
Yep. I’ve got a book at home called the Face of London by Harold Clunn which came out in the mid 60’s.Is that the blocks of flats on Lillie Road, going towards Putney and Hammersmith?
I was brought up in Fulham and it wasn't. You had Clem Atlee Estate on Lillee Road which probably the roughest, Fulham Court along Fulham Road near the fire station and then a couple of roads off the north part of Muster Road, Twfold Road I think it was called. Then there was the West Kensington Estate which was a bit of out my area and I could image Sands End around the power station being rough. Some of the schools were pretty tough though, Henry Compton were bastards and so were Hurlingham Girls.Yep. I’ve got a book at home called the Face of London by Harold Clunn which came out in the mid 60’s.
He said that the part of Fulham bounded by North End Rd, Lillee Rd, Greyhound Road, Munster Rd and Star Lane was as mean and depressing as anywhere in the East End ( a lot of this got demoed to accomadate the Clem Atlee)
Then again I’ve spoken to Fulham lads who were around then and they didn’t think it was that rough.
I know what you mean about schools I went to a rated local secondary yet they had kids coming in from the outer borough that wanted to bully kids. Back then I was one of the shorter kids yet wouldn't give up my dinner money and instead squared up to the bully. Later that day he aimed a dinner knife at me and threw it and I ducked and it hit the kid behind me in the back of the head and he went to hospital.I was brought up in Fulham and it wasn't. You had Clem Atlee Estate on Lillee Road which probably the roughest, Fulham Court along Fulham Road near the fire station and then a couple of roads off the north part of Muster Road, Twfold Road I think it was called. Then there was the West Kensington Estate which was a bit of out my area and I could image Sands End around the power station being rough. Some of the schools were pretty tough though, Henry Compton were bastards and so were Hurlingham Girls.
When my dad's family came over from Ireland they were very close to there, other side of Lillie Rd going up North End Road, Seven Stars area. Then the moved to other side of the river and spread out around Southfields, Wandsworth and Wimbledon.Yep. I’ve got a book at home called the Face of London by Harold Clunn which came out in the mid 60’s.
He said that the part of Fulham bounded by North End Rd, Lillee Rd, Greyhound Road, Munster Rd and Star Lane was as mean and depressing as anywhere in the East End ( a lot of this got demoed to accomadate the Clem Atlee)
Then again I’ve spoken to Fulham lads who were around then and they didn’t think it was that rough.