Living in Canada now so no way I could attend but really wish I could have been there. Any chance those of you who went (I'm looking at you Richard P
) could share your thoughts of the evening and any stories from players or fans? I'm not that bothered about pics, seen plenty of those, but apart from hearing that Batesy was on top form and Pat did a great job as compere I haven't seen that much about what was actually said by anyone.
I think it's unusual to have an event like this to celebrate a Div 2 Championship 40 yrs after the event, but I also think that says a lot about how special THAT season was for us. Did the players get that? Did they realise it at the time, or only more recently? Were they surprised at the interest after all these years? Did they appreciate how good our away support was back then? Notice how different it was to most others? Was the Speedie/Canoville 'reconciliation' onstage? Was anything said to the audience while that happened?
Anyway, hope you enjoyed it, sounds like it was a roaring success and can't wait to hear anything you might have to share.
I think it's unusual to have an event like this to celebrate a Div 2 Championship 40 yrs after the event, but I also think that says a lot about how special THAT season was for us. Did the players get that? Did they realise it at the time, or only more recently? Were they surprised at the interest after all these years? Did they appreciate how good our away support was back then? Notice how different it was to most others? Was the Speedie/Canoville 'reconciliation' onstage? Was anything said to the audience while that happened?
Anyway, hope you enjoyed it, sounds like it was a roaring success and can't wait to hear anything you might have to share.
















