Abysmal lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you have never been in love,Until you've seen the dawn rise,

behind the home for the blind
What the f**k?

 
he he classic bit of Mozza there

 
::clap2:: I knew you were going to react to that, but really (with nothing against Mozza) I have no idea what he means and was confused the first time I heard it.
 
::clap2:: I knew you were going to react to that, but really (with nothing against Mozza) I have no idea what he means and was confused the first time I heard it.
Well to be fair a lot of lyrics are open to a wide range of interpretations and probably most of them bear no resemblance to what the writer was actually thinking however my take on that particular lyric and also later where he says

"You have never been in love,

Until you've seen sunlight thrown

over smashed human bones"

is that Morrissey is trying to set what he considers to be a rare moment of joy / beauty in a scenario which is either horrific (i.e. smashed human bones' or deserately sad (i.e. a beautiful sun rise that people living nearby will never see).

I could be talking pap though!

 
Ah no, you could be onto it there!

 
"Oh babe / I wanna put my log in your fireplace"

Is this not a variation of the worm dangling in the bucket?

 
Semolina Pilchard, Climbing up the Eiffel Tower

Elementary Penguin singing Hari Krishna

Man you should have seen them kicking Edger Allan Poe.

Now I know you needed to be on something to listen to this but I haven't got a clue and I wonder if the Oasis boys new what it was about when they whined it out.

 
I've done my far share of classifieds, but have never worked this out:

Spring was never waiting for us, girl

It ran one step ahead

As we followed in the dance

Between the parted pages and were pressed,

In love's hot, fevered iron

Like a striped pair of pants

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark

All the sweet, green icing flowing down...

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oh, no!

I recall the yellow cotton dress

Foaming like a wave

On the ground around your knees

The birds, like tender babies in your hands

And the old men playing checkers by the trees

There will be another song for me

For I will sing it

There will be another dream for me

Someone will bring it

I will drink the wine while it is warm

And never let you catch me looking at the sun

And after all the loves of my life

After all the loves of my life

You'll still be the one.

I will take my life into my hands and I will use it

I will win the worship in their eyes and I will lose it

I will have the things that I desire

And my passion flow like rivers through the sky.

And after all the loves of my life

After all the loves of my life

I'll be thinking of you

And wondering why.

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark

All the sweet, green icing flowing down...

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oh, no!

Oh, no

No, no

Oh NO!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant song - loved it by Richard Harris. For me it's about lost youth, old/middle aged wistful hankering after the love that you can't get back.

Must go onto iTunes and buy it!

Bugger! They don't have it! Now the music's going to be going round my head all day!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant song - loved it by Richard Harris. For me it's about lost youth, old/middle aged wistful hankering after the love that you can't get back.Must go onto iTunes and buy it!

Bugger! They don't have it! Now the music's going to be going round my head all day!
I just had a look in my iTunes, but I don't have Richard Harris' version, only Donna Summer's - which is almost as bad! Bloody awful song! :unsure:

Just had a look in the iTunes store, typed in 'macarthur park', and Richard Harris' version is in there for £0.79p. It's the long version too, 7 minutes and 26 seconds of sheer torture

 
I just had a look in my iTunes, but I don't have Richard Harris' version, only Donna Summer's - which is almost as bad! Bloody awful song! :unsure: Just had a look in the iTunes store, typed in 'macarthur park', and Richard Harris' version is in there for £0.79p. It's the long version too, 7 minutes and 26 seconds of sheer torture
Sacrilege! And I thought you were such a lovely lad!

I have French iTunes - that must be why. Must see what I can do about that.

 
I have French iTunes
Sounds nasty, you really should get that looked at.

If you still can't find it due to froggy ineptness, I'll download the track and send it to you - let me know, moi :unsure:

 
Froggy ineptitude at its worst - they have everything EXCEPT Richard Harris - Andy Williams, Glen Campbell, Mantovani ..... on and on.. but NO Richard Harris!

I would be eternally grateful if you would send it to me - I now have broadband again, so that shouldn't be a problem (I cross my fingers, because nothing is straightforward in my house!)

 
Froggy ineptitude at its worst - they have everything EXCEPT Richard Harris - Andy Williams, Glen Campbell, Mantovani ..... on and on.. but NO Richard Harris!I would be eternally grateful if you would send it to me - I now have broadband again, so that shouldn't be a problem (I cross my fingers, because nothing is straightforward in my house!)
OK, I'll download it as carefully as possible - I don't want to accidentally have to listen to any of it :unsure:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top