That sounds brilliant mate! I've seen "Chelsea Big Match Revisited" DVD's for sale at places like Amazon, and I assume they're the one you've got. Thing is, some show a cover picture of Chopper, and others have Ossie. Do you know if they are the same DVD, just showing different covers? It's going for just £10.98 on Amazon, I'm gonna have to get it!
I was at most, if not all, of the games you mentioned. I distinctly remember Frank Lampard scoring with a drive at the Shed End, though the Shed was half-full of Spammers that day. I was only about 12 or 13, so too young to get involved
Coventry away, I was there in the Coventry end with the rest of the Chelsea lads, making friends with the locals
That red kit was f*ckin' awful, made me sick to see the mighty Chels in red! I think it was Dave Sexton's idea, he thought that if we played in the colours of the "Mighty Magyars" Hungarian side of the 50's we might begin to play like them. Unfortunately, he then went and sold our two best players, Ossie & Huddy, out of spite and it all went tits-up. God, I hate Sexton!
Ian Hutchinson is one of my all-time Chelsea heroes, he was a legend. Virtually every Chelsea fan who was around in the late 60's/early 70's would agree, it was a great pity the club never really showed him the respect he deserved. Terrible shame that injury cut his career short, but it was bound to happen - Hutch was much too brave for his own good.
Oh, and Bill Garner - great man, hard as nails
Thanks a lot for the info, clubhappy, very much appreciated!