Alan Hudson

On he was a great talent.

the club didn't sell him and Ossie because of the East Stand financial problems, they both fell out with Sexton  that's the reason.

he used to drink in the Old Kent Ro ad . I once saw him with some lads near Battersea Bridge with a football,  off for a kick about !

I'll give him a pass on those comments , I don't have the heart to get upset about the guy, he's been through a lot , 

Sexton and Hudson, both endured horrific personal tragedies, Sexton's absolutely heartbreaking

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Quality player in this day and one of my favourites at the time. 
Peoples definition of legend differs and he wouldn’t get into my legend list. Legend I think applies to more than your efforts on the pitch but also now you apply yourself off it, this is we’re he fails.

I wonder is Best classed a Utd legend? One of the worlds best during his Utd years but he just became such a waste.

 
Quality player in this day and one of my favourites at the time. 
Peoples definition of legend differs and he wouldn’t get into my legend list. Legend I think applies to more than your efforts on the pitch but also now you apply yourself off it, this is we’re he fails.

I wonder is Best classed a Utd legend? One of the worlds best during his Utd years but he just became such a waste.
Best is definitely a Utd Legend. Some would have him top. Definitely in most people’s top 10

Hudson was one of Chelsea’s ‘better’ players. Top 50 maybe?

 
Quality player in this day and one of my favourites at the time. 
Peoples definition of legend differs and he wouldn’t get into my legend list. Legend I think applies to more than your efforts on the pitch but also now you apply yourself off it, this is we’re he fails.

I wonder is Best classed a Utd legend? One of the worlds best during his Utd years but he just became such a waste.
Surprised at that comment Best is probably United's most iconic player of all time. Rooney although their record goal scorer is not held with as much affection as Best, Law, Charlton etc @Stretford Ender would be the guy to ask but he hasn't posted for a while.

 
Pity he slags the club. You can slag the board, owners, etc but when you say ‘Chelsea Football Club’ that’s different. 
 
And the undying love he has for Stoke which is fair enough on a personal level for him but why then on one hand slag us off and on the other expect some kind of pay out and preferential treatment from Chelsea. 

 
Surprised at that comment Best is probably United's most iconic player of all time. Rooney although their record goal scorer is not held with as much affection as Best, Law, Charlton etc @Stretford Ender would be the guy to ask but he hasn't posted for a while.
Definitely their most iconic player and without doubt the best player of all time. I’d say most would say he’s a legend but he was a bit of a wild card and let the club and his teammates down many times.

 
Back
Top