Albums To Define Your Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in '83

Really got into music around 13, so the following albums really defined my tastes:

Nirvana - Nevermind (surely one of the most influential albums of the 90's if not all time)

Metallica - Black Album (apparently got even Grannies head-banging to Enter Sandman)

2Pac - All Eyez on Me (two words: California Love, also International Hit)]

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water (in a time where your "cool" was measured by how angry your music was, this one was near the top, Rage Against the Machine was King of course)

Korn - Follow the Leader (My d*ck is bigger than yours. 'Nuff said.)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some good picks there blivs!

Chocolate Starfish was immense just for Borland's Riffs if nothing else.

 
Cheer Mod.

Looking at that list, I realise how shallow we were back then, picking bands for the thin line they walked between proper and improper, thinking it cool and what. Musical talent was really not THAT important.

Those artists, however, lead me to discover the likes of Maiden, Rage Against the Machine, Naughty by Nature, Run DMC and even Ravi Shankar!

Doesn't really matter where you start, its the journey that counts.

 
You were doing so well with the Motown stuff, Sam & Dave, Al Green & The Who - but, The Pet Shop Boys & The Communards???? ::clap2::
Sorry about thet it was sister who was into them so I thought I better give them a mention on her behalf......me SOUL MUSIC LIVES FOR EVER....what happened to the Committments? (lost track when I moved to Canada) brilliant movie....great soundtrack album...also still got the Dave Clarke album and an honoury mention to the The Clash, UB40 and BAD ;) ....

 
I think The Streets is great, just like all the other novelty record singers and songs

Benny Hill and Ernie The Fastest Milkman in The West

Shaddupa Ya Face

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

The Smurf Song

Minuetto Allegretto

Jake The Peg

Two Little Boys

Monster Mash

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Bridget The Midget

The Streak

In fact, the streets bloke is the modern-day Timmy Mallet!

woohoo

some of you might have realised that I believe that the streets "phenomenon" is a classic example of The Emperor's New Clothes. Oh and The King Is In The Altogether.

When I say "phenomenon", I mean uninspired and cliched lyrics over dirgey, derivative elevator music.

And when I say music, I mean that noise that even a small child can make their mobile make. Looped.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top