Andriy Lunin

Every other report over the summer said Sanchez is no.1. So either there's been a massive change or plan, or this is nonsense.

 
I like the way we've been working to be fair in comparison to last year. Tosin, KDH, Viega, and Kellyman have been completely under the radar. 

Hoping this is true. 

 
Is Lunin any good? I know virtually nothing about the lad.
Average at best, not good enough on the ball. That is why Kepa was loaned to start ahead of him last season, but after looking poor against Atletico Madrid he lost his place. He doesn’t solve our problems, he is just yet again a cheap option and a band aid fix as he allows them to offload Kepa’s wages. Buying 3 goalies in 2 seasons is wild, and you can bet we will be looking for another upper season.

 
Is he even a ball playing keeper? Which is what i thought was priority now. Can't say i've seen much of him but from what i have he doesn't seem great with the ball at his feet. 

i just want someone who can save shots, i'm begging

 
The fact that Carlo decided to play an unfit Cortouis in the CL final ahead of him, and that he lost his place in the Ukrainian team after the 1st Euro match sums it up for me. A big resounding NO!

 
Yeah let's buy 3 keepers worth a combined £50m and then decide none of them are good enough. Seriously, what the f**k?

I suppose Petrovic will likely be the easiest to sell. 

 
Not seen anything special from him, but he was ahead of Kepa at Madrid!
So does this mean we can then sell Kepa to Real Madrid to be the no.2 to Courtois?

As an aside - what is it with Chelsea and our goalkeepers - they just seem to stay with the club.  I mean Petr Cech was with us until recently and look how many former keepers we have on the coaching staff . . .

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/men?tab=staff

 
Last edited by a moderator:
So does this mean we can then sell Kepa to Real Madrid to be the no.2 to Courtois?

As an aside - what is it with Chelsea and our goalkeepers - they just seem to stay with the club.  I mean Petr Cech was with us until recently and look how many former keepers we have on the coaching staff . . .

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/men?tab=staff
If Petrovic wants out he's could be he's replacement as a number 2?  Mates with Mudryk a plan to somehow help him settle in?  

I don't know but we've been dying for a top Goalie since Courtois left and that a bloody long time ago now.  If we stopped raiding Brazil maybe we could put some money down for a top goalkeeper that doesn't need changing every season.  The Georgian lad, Costa, or Oblak, we spent £120 million on a DM surely we can spend at least half that on a top goalkeeper.  How much has Sanchez, Petrovic, and Slonina cost us so far, none of them look like they should be anything other than mid table.  

Feels like we're at a point where we are just picking multiple lottery tickets rather than one sure fire hit.

 
I think the point would be that we would get Lunin, who only has 1 yr left on his contract, and he would be on significantly cheaper wages than Kepa.

Kepa in return would go to Madrid to be back up to the snake.

It is win win win win.

- Real get to offload a player who will leave for free next year, and who they have previously deemed not good enough

- Chelsea get to offload a player who is on huge wages and who we have previously deemed not good enough

- Kepa gets to leave chelsea and go back to Madrid, where he wants to stay.

- Lunin gets to leave madrid, where he has zero chance of taking the spot of Tibo, and come to a club where he can genuinley challenge Sanchez.

It is a sensible, albeit not very sexy move for everyone involved.

The question remains if Lunin is good enough to be our number 1.  From the little I have seen of him, I would say no.... But I think he is good enough to compete with Sanchez and Petrovic (neither of whom I think are good enough long term)

 
I think the point would be that we would get Lunin, who only has 1 yr left on his contract, and he would be on significantly cheaper wages than Kepa.

Kepa in return would go to Madrid to be back up to the snake.

It is win win win win.

- Real get to offload a player who will leave for free next year, and who they have previously deemed not good enough

- Chelsea get to offload a player who is on huge wages and who we have previously deemed not good enough

- Kepa gets to leave chelsea and go back to Madrid, where he wants to stay.

- Lunin gets to leave madrid, where he has zero chance of taking the spot of Tibo, and come to a club where he can genuinley challenge Sanchez.

It is a sensible, albeit not very sexy move for everyone involved.

The question remains if Lunin is good enough to be our number 1.  From the little I have seen of him, I would say no.... But I think he is good enough to compete with Sanchez and Petrovic (neither of whom I think are good enough long term)
Makes sense.

It's a habit we aren't used to. Looking at every signing from a business angle and not just a sporting one.

Similar to a few signings already made this summer...

 
I think the point would be that we would get Lunin, who only has 1 yr left on his contract, and he would be on significantly cheaper wages than Kepa.

Kepa in return would go to Madrid to be back up to the snake.

It is win win win win.

- Real get to offload a player who will leave for free next year, and who they have previously deemed not good enough

- Chelsea get to offload a player who is on huge wages and who we have previously deemed not good enough

- Kepa gets to leave chelsea and go back to Madrid, where he wants to stay.

- Lunin gets to leave madrid, where he has zero chance of taking the spot of Tibo, and come to a club where he can genuinley challenge Sanchez.

It is a sensible, albeit not very sexy move for everyone involved.

The question remains if Lunin is good enough to be our number 1.  From the little I have seen of him, I would say no.... But I think he is good enough to compete with Sanchez and Petrovic (neither of whom I think are good enough long term)
Probably see a money swap as well. Whatever Lunin cost Kepa costs.

 
Back
Top