just
Legend
- Messages
- 14,806
- Reaction score
- 15,118
........................ and the end of SKY TV and other subscription services?
XBMC, Sports Devil, OTA, Navi-X it's a whole new language but one that is rapidly taking off. I have had a SKY TV subscription since the days when they were BSkyB but tomorrow I am phoning them up and cancelling SKY Sports and Movies because, after looking at various other boxes and using a mate's MX box for a week, I have brought a slightly more expensive one with a wireless keyboard and it's due Thursday.
Nowadays I live in a pretty rural area and my internet speed is a paltry 2.0 - 2.5mps, but the MX box worked for most things I streamed be it football, movies or TV shows. Occaisionally I had a slight lag on HD films but I just paused and let it buffer on for five minutes or so, pressed play and it was fine.
So, is it the future of home entertainment and the first nail in the coffin of SKY? I hope so. Anyone got one or have plans to get one?
XBMC, Sports Devil, OTA, Navi-X it's a whole new language but one that is rapidly taking off. I have had a SKY TV subscription since the days when they were BSkyB but tomorrow I am phoning them up and cancelling SKY Sports and Movies because, after looking at various other boxes and using a mate's MX box for a week, I have brought a slightly more expensive one with a wireless keyboard and it's due Thursday.
Nowadays I live in a pretty rural area and my internet speed is a paltry 2.0 - 2.5mps, but the MX box worked for most things I streamed be it football, movies or TV shows. Occaisionally I had a slight lag on HD films but I just paused and let it buffer on for five minutes or so, pressed play and it was fine.
So, is it the future of home entertainment and the first nail in the coffin of SKY? I hope so. Anyone got one or have plans to get one?
Last edited by a moderator: