Android tv box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw

officer dibble of the shed end constabulary
Messages
40,389
Reaction score
23,322
So, after a few people on here had a go at getting XBMC running for live streaming I`ve now just bought an Android box to run this on, a MiniX NEO X7. Basically a mini pc running on Android you can plug straight into the tv on HDMI. Anyone had a go with one of these yet?  How did anyone get on with XBMC then?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of it mate. You know i wait for you to update me on these new things!

 
So, after a few people on here had a go at getting XBMC running for live streaming I`ve now just bought an Android box to run this on, a MiniX NEO X7. Basically a mini pc running on Android you can plug straight into the tv on HDMI. Anyone had a go with one of these yet?  How did anyone get on with XBMC then?
Huh?  What language are you speaking? 

 
I've just started running XBMC again after your posts around the forum. I did have a go a while back but didn't really give it a chance.

I've got a smart TV and gutted it doesn't run on it so looking into getting one of those boxes.

I've seen some for about £60, are these much good? If it runs XBMC, I can't see what would be wrong with it.

Also, is streaming games via XBMC better than using just the usual conventional links that most do? Surely finding individual games going via all the menus is much harder and time consuming?

 
I used to have xbmc set up to stream movies off a house hard drive on my Android phone and tablet. But haven't attempted live streams of football matches.

Maybe I'm a few years out of date, but aren't most live football streams awful quality and likely to look terrible blown up on a 50 odd inch plasma / lcd tv?

 
I was round at a mates on saturday and he had the Raspberry Pi running XBMC on his tv.

Awesome job

 
For just general file playing, a Western Digital player is probably a cheaper and easier option.

An android box gives you much more flexibility though.

 
Just set it up and had a quick go and it's very impressive, good picture on the couple of things I looked at. The remote control is a bit rubbish so ill look to get a keyboard thing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got an android xbmc box and it just kept buffering all the time, I'm on 30 meg broadband and can't understand why.

I bought one with all the bits done so was plug and play, but sent it back the next day, can't understand it as my step sons Dad has the same one up in Barnsley working a treat.

I usually find a stream and plug my laptop into the hdmi on the tele which is ok but I thought the Android box would be easier.

I did download xbmc to the laptop but haven't got a clue how to get the plug ins and what have you to get anything working.

 
I got an android xbmc box and it just kept buffering all the time, I'm on 30 meg broadband and can't understand why.

I bought one with all the bits done so was plug and play, but sent it back the next day, can't understand it as my step sons Dad has the same one up in Barnsley working a treat.

I usually find a stream and plug my laptop into the hdmi on the tele which is ok but I thought the Android box would be easier.

I did download xbmc to the laptop but haven't got a clue how to get the plug ins and what have you to get anything working.
I understood this bit!  This is what I do - is an xbmc box like a specialist thingy that does this?

 
Cheers undertow, looks good. How's the air mouse work?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I understood this bit!  This is what I do - is an xbmc box like a specialist thingy that does this?
I think it is but it isn't the streams like wizwig or whatever we usually pick up, I think its foreign tv stations and the streams are good quality (thats what I've been told) I think DKW or Undertow would be the ones to ask.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top