Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

Noni and Mudryk are our two explosive wingers. Both capable of beating defenders for pace, which our other wingers don't offer us. With James and Chilwell working with them they can tuck in more centrally, and then James and Chilwell get the back post goals as well coming in late at the back post like Chilwells goal v Leicester.

Potter has to utilise them all at some point, they are four potential WC players right there. If he doesn't it could be his downfall, who knows, he may have big plans for them.
Not sure that will happen this season. I believe Potter has modified the team to be Felix focused, everything tailored to get the best out of him. Until we switch to be more defensive with our subs of late.

 
Not sure that will happen this season. I believe Potter has modified the team to be Felix focused, everything tailored to get the best out of him. Until we switch to be more defensive with our subs of late.
We need to go 4-3-3 for it to happen.

 
I think Potter in the long run wants to be flexible with formations.

Although that said a back four will often become a back three in possesion as Enzo will drift inbetween the CBs.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Murdyk-Nkunku-Madueke could be a frightening front 3 in the future
Woild Felix be the false 9 then? As it sounds very much like qe want him to stay, he wants to stay and Atletico want to sell at the right price.

 
Woild Felix be the false 9 then? As it sounds very much like qe want him to stay, he wants to stay and Atletico want to sell at the right price.
Maybe Felix as CAM in a 4-2-3-1? Especially if Nagelsmann takes over next year. Mudryk still looks raw so maybe Nkunku-Felix-Madueke in a front three

Though I'm not too sure Felix is worth 100m as much as I like him.

 
Maybe Felix as CAM in a 4-2-3-1? Especially if Nagelsmann takes over next year. Mudryk still looks raw so maybe Nkunku-Felix-Madueke in a front three

Though I'm not too sure Felix is worth 100m as much as I like him.
I agree, although the club and Potter seem to rate him highly. I reckon Felix would be LF with Nkunku as a supporting ST or CAM. 

What's evident though is that these players need a lot of coaching in defensive transition. 

 
Then what's the point?

I saw a massive improvement against Everton in his off the ball work so if he can somehow do that consistently we haven't a worry. 
Off the ball work is something that can be worked on, the defensive side of his game Simeone tried with and, as we can see, failed to develop.

 
Off the ball work is something that can be worked on, the defensive side of his game Simeone tried with and, as we can see, failed to develop.
Well that goes without saying considering he is an attacking footballer. 

The criticism was his lazyness, which created the nickname  Joao "sometimes I press, sometimes I rest" Felix. He needs to work on that area of his game and build on performances like we saw against Everton, which was a complete performance by his standards. 

 
I am one of those that think our formations will change depending on back 5 or back 3

Don't think we will get a true No.9 and expect Nkunku and off the bench Fofana to the closest.

On the left Sterling or Mudryk and on the right Felix or Madueke

Attacking midfielder would expect it to be Andre Santos or one of  Felix or Havertz depending on the summer clear out. 

 
Well that goes without saying considering he is an attacking footballer. 

The criticism was his lazyness, which created the nickname  Joao "sometimes I press, sometimes I rest" Felix. He needs to work on that area of his game and build on performances like we saw against Everton, which was a complete performance by his standards. 
So was Willian and Pedro for us, yet their defensive game was excellent.

 
Well that goes without saying considering he is an attacking footballer. 

The criticism was his lazyness, which created the nickname  Joao "sometimes I press, sometimes I rest" Felix. He needs to work on that area of his game and build on performances like we saw against Everton, which was a complete performance by his standards. 
Didn't he gift them a goal?

 
I am one of those that think our formations will change depending on back 5 or back 3

Don't think we will get a true No.9 and expect Nkunku and off the bench Fofana to the closest.

On the left Sterling or Mudryk and on the right Felix or Madueke

Attacking midfielder would expect it to be Andre Santos or one of  Felix or Havertz depending on the summer clear out. 
Santos plays deeper in the middle of the park, more likely next to Enzo

 
Back
Top