Another Winger! - Noni Madueke

Noni is a great impact sub just like he proved against palmerias . He is a goal threat and adds physicality.

If we sell to Arsenal then he must cost more than gittens because Noni is in the England squad and Gittens isnt
He may not cost more than Gittens even if Madueke's development is slightly ahead. We value Madueke less than Dortmund valued Gittens. Madueke is considered expendable, Gittens was a key player for Dortmund.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
As Chelsea fans it's a bit hard for us because of KDB and Salah, I don't think any club has been hit harder than that, letting go of two players who ended up becoming two of the greatest Premier League players we've ever seen.

I'm guilty of it aswell, I hate selling any player to a rival. But Zeta and others made a good point, can't keep holding onto everyone for this reason.

I did rate Noni, but he's had his chances and he's not delivered, if we can sell him for a good fee then so be it. I think what really pisses me off about it is that we are getting a bang average player in Gittens.. I would rather have just stuck with Noni than throwing 50 million down the drain.

 
As Chelsea fans it's a bit hard for us because of KDB and Salah, I don't think any club has been hit harder than that, letting go of two players who ended up becoming two of the greatest Premier League players we've ever seen.

I'm guilty of it aswell, I hate selling any player to a rival. But Zeta and others made a good point, can't keep holding onto everyone for this reason.

I did rate Noni, but he's had his chances and he's not delivered, if we can sell him for a good fee then so be it. I think what really pisses me off about it is that we are getting a bang average player in Gittens.. I would rather have just stuck with Noni than throwing 50 million down the drain.
Agree with most of what you say, but think its too early to know much about Gittens. They said when fit he was a gamechanger, so willing to see how he settles, stays fit, and go from there.

 
As Chelsea fans it's a bit hard for us because of KDB and Salah, I don't think any club has been hit harder than that, letting go of two players who ended up becoming two of the greatest Premier League players we've ever seen.

I'm guilty of it aswell, I hate selling any player to a rival. But Zeta and others made a good point, can't keep holding onto everyone for this reason.

I did rate Noni, but he's had his chances and he's not delivered, if we can sell him for a good fee then so be it. I think what really pisses me off about it is that we are getting a bang average player in Gittens.. I would rather have just stuck with Noni than throwing 50 million down the drain.
I don't think anyone has an issue with selling him or are under any impression that he'll go on to be a top 3 winger in the league.

I think the main causes for concern are we're upgrading a direct rival while arguably weakening ourselves (sideways step at best) for a net loss.

 
Agree with most of what you say, but think its too early to know much about Gittens. They said when fit he was a gamechanger, so willing to see how he settles, stays fit, and go from there.
This in a sense. The BL is a different animal as we - and other PL clubs - know from costly experience. Timo, Sancho, etc, etc. It's a case of suck it and see. So to speak.

 
The discussion around Madueke is bizzare.

Some say Neto has higher ceilings. I just don't understand why you are talking about ceiling when talking about 25 year old winger with over 100 caps in pl. Neto is probably at his peak or already very close to it.

Should we sell Madueke? Honestly it is not important. This is blue co model and the only way we can generate real money is to sell either Jackson, Madueke n Palmer.

 
The discussion around Madueke is bizzare.

Some say Neto has higher ceilings. I just don't understand why you are talking about ceiling when talking about 25 year old winger with over 100 caps in pl. Neto is probably at his peak or already very close to it.

Should we sell Madueke? Honestly it is not important. This is blue co model and the only way we can generate real money is to sell either Jackson, Madueke n Palmer.
Selling Jackson & Madueke seems like a great idea.

 
If we sell Noni and buy Kudos I’d be happy. Then you would have Gittens and Estevau as the youngsters pushing established prem players Neto and Kudos with CP able to play anywhere.

Starting to look more balanced at least.

 
I'm not sure Noni has thought this through. For two seasons he has been a winger hampered but not having a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

And now he is leaving for a club who don't have a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

Strange decision.

 
If we sell Noni and buy Kudos I’d be happy. Then you would have Gittens and Estevau as the youngsters pushing established prem players Neto and Kudos with CP able to play anywhere.

Starting to look more balanced at least.
Swapping Madueke for Kudus would be a massive upgrade.

 
I'm not sure Noni has thought this through. For two seasons he has been a winger hampered but not having a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

And now he is leaving for a club who don't have a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

Strange decision.
Gyokeres is inbound at Arsenal

 
I'm not sure Noni has thought this through. For two seasons he has been a winger hampered but not having a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

And now he is leaving for a club who don't have a proper centre-forward to play off, or play in.

Strange decision.
I'm sure he cares more about potentially winning the league than increasing his stats.

 
He is "only" on £50K a week with us .. one of our lowest earners ... and no pay rise in the offing ... hence I think the move motivation is as much financial as anything else, especially as he has made some inroads with England internationally ...

 
A lot of factors in play here with the only logical outcome being Noni’s departure.

Arsenal will likely 3-4x his current wages, the competition for his spot at Chels is heating up and he seems the kind to be more entitled than willing to fight.

Never really grown attached to him, don’t think he’s half as good as he’s convinced he is. Happy to see a profit and him out the door.

 
With Neto's form and the arrival of Estevao and Pedro, it seems that we wouldn't miss him a great deal next season. He's one of our most sellable assets, and we do need to sell, so I feel like his departure is inevitable now. He's had his moments, but I'm pretty 'meh' about the whole thing.

 
Our version of Newcastle’s Saint-Maximin. Only beats players by kind of leaning in to them. Not a “kick and run” type of winger or “tricky” type of winger. Happy to get rid.

 
Back
Top