Best christmas song and movie - nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moos

An Untouchable
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
66
Only about two weeks left until Christmas, which is absolutely lovely!

And seeing as there's christmas songs everywhere we turn and christmas movies are shown on tv quite a lot I thought we'd have a little vote about which christmas song and movie is the best one.

I had one on a swedish forum last year, but I won't tell you the winners from that one yet.

I thought we'd start off with nominating songs and movies. There are so many songs to chose from so even if I write down a hundred, you'd probably still say that some are missing. Better to let you nominate songs and movies and then we'll have a vote.

 
No contest - The Pogues  and Kirsty McColl - Fairy Tale Of New York

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Movie has to be Elf, it's marvellous.

 
Fairytale's already been mentioned, so here's another obvious one. Obvious for different reasons, though. :happy001:

Half Man Half Biscuit - All I Want For Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit


 
Pogues all day long and I'd say Christmas Vacation for the film

 
A fellow halfy fan, you have good taste sir.

 
Fairytale of New York wins it head down for me. Also shout out to 'I Believe in Father Christmas' by Greg Lake, stunning song.

Film? Erm... Nightmare Before Christmas :D

 
Song (I think it's a given that everyone likes Fairytale of New York) -


 
Nice choices, bluedave! Or maybe nice isn't the most suitable word here, but you know what I mean...(?)

 
Song for me would be John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" closely followed by The Pogues, & The Pretenders "2000 Miles".

I'm not really into traditional Christmas movies, but if I had to choose one it would be "Bad Santa".

 
I know it is cheesy but for some reason I really like Slade ... I think it is just the big hit from my child hood so many happy memories and a great one to strum along to if you play the guitar.

Like the pogues too.... but been to see them twice in the 90's  and it was just painful to watch .. What would you expect :-) ... and they seem in recent years to have played it to death because it tops all the listeners’ polls; so it has taken the edge off for me, however it is probably still the best song.

Like my films not to heavy going and family oriented at Christmas,

National Lampoons Christmas vacation, love Chevy Chase.. cr*p film but love it at the same time....

and the kids favorite Home Alone

 
Driving home for Christmas on Christmas eve tops the song for me.

Christmas vacation, just got some classic lines, "Merry Christmas, the sh*tters full!"

 
Best song is tied between the Pogues and Slade for me, and best film is either Zulu or The Great Escape.  Both are marvellous and both are always on around Christmas :)

 
Best song? has to be one of the greats from x Factor - Leon Jackson maybe :wink:

best film? Bad Santa, no doubt

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top