Best headphones for $150 or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont own any, couldn't justify the price but im in awe when I have them on. Maybe someday! :)

 
If youre a musician then its well worth spending money on top quality stuff id say, just to hear the finer details, especially as you're looking out for it more. If Bose work for you then go for it! Im just not sure of its worth whacking out £250 quid on headphones for general day to day use though.

The E10s are budget price but sound good. Im sure an audiophile expert/bore would pick them to pieces, but its all about VFM. In terms of modern days headphones, you really dont often get what you pay for.
I've got a friend who recently completed a degree in sound engineering.

He said it's pointless spending £200+ on headphones if all you are going to do is listen to MP3's because they (MP3s) diminish the quality of sound of the recordings. 

 
Im a bit of a mp3 snob and dont keep anything that isnt 320 kbps. At that bit rate the sound is still epic with a good system.

 
I've got a friend who recently completed a degree in sound engineering.

He said it's pointless spending £200+ on headphones if all you are going to do is listen to MP3's because they (MP3s) diminish the quality of sound of the recordings. 
Same with over priced HDMI cables etc. It always makes me giggle a little at someone buying a 2 metre cable for £60, wont be any better than a £10 one.

 
A whole pound? 

BUT THIS ONE IS GOLD PLATED M8
I bought a Blu-Ray player a few months ago and the bloke in the shop tried to desperately sell me a monster HDMI cable for £50. I asked him the difference between that and the one I bought for a tenner in Argos and he started waffling on about signal degradation and all kinds of sh*te. When I pointed out a digital signal wont degrade for many many metres unless its a faulty cable as its just 1`s and zero`s packaged he panicked and walked off. My wife just tutted.

 
I bought a Blu-Ray player a few months ago and the bloke in the shop tried to desperately sell me a monster HDMI cable for £50. I asked him the difference between that and the one I bought for a tenner in Argos and he started waffling on about signal degradation and all kinds of sh*te. When I pointed out a digital signal wont degrade for many many metres unless its a faulty cable as its just 1`s and zero`s packaged he panicked and walked off. My wife just tutted.
I had a similar thing in Maplins a couple of years ago, I needed an HDMI cable for my PS3 so asked the guy in the shop where they were.

So walks me over and picks up some absurdly priced thing probably about £60 saying it was gold plated or some nonsense so I asked if they had any cheaper ones, out came the rehearsed reply of "yeah but you they don't give you as good a picture quality".

When I replied yeah but it's a digital cable, not analogue he drew a blank.

Digital media has got to be a business killer for places like that.  

 
I would look into Auvio Elite Series Headphones, ive had mine for half a year and they are just as good and possibly better than Beats at a very good price at $70. Worth every penny!

auvio-headphones.jpg


 
10 pounds for an HDMI cable? You've been robbed ;)

As you wrote, under 5m there can be no degradation on a correctly made HDMI cable. Most important thing is that the cable is laid flat (which can be tricky in a lot of cases), every bend reduces the bandwidth.

A whole pound? 

I bought a Blu-Ray player a few months ago and the bloke in the shop tried to desperately sell me a monster HDMI cable for £50. I asked him the difference between that and the one I bought for a tenner in Argos and he started waffling on about signal degradation and all kinds of sh*te. When I pointed out a digital signal wont degrade for many many metres unless its a faulty cable as its just 1`s and zero`s packaged he panicked and walked off. My wife just tutted.
 
I had a similar thing in Maplins a couple of years ago, I needed an HDMI cable for my PS3 so asked the guy in the shop where they were.

So walks me over and picks up some absurdly priced thing probably about £60 saying it was gold plated or some nonsense so I asked if they had any cheaper ones, out came the rehearsed reply of "yeah but you they don't give you as good a picture quality".

When I replied yeah but it's a digital cable, not analogue he drew a blank.

Digital media has got to be a business killer for places like that.  
The content it transfers is digital sure, but it is still basically a shielded twisted pair copper (or silver) cable, high frequency signals travel on the surface of the conductor material, so not that different from the good old cat5 like fibre cables for example.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top