Best movies of the current decade according to the Shed End

Choose your favorite movie

  • Together(2000), Lukas Moodysson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crash(2005), Paul Haggis

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tropical Malady(2004), Apichatpong Weerasethakul

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrek(2001), Andrew Adamson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Clayton(2007), Tony Gilroy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Brown Bunny(2003), Vincent Gallo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grizzly Man(2005), Werner Herzog

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wrestler(2008), Darren Aronofsky

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atanarjuat: the Fast Runner(2001), Zacharias Kunuk

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maksimov

Like eagles on pogo sticks!
Messages
14,416
Reaction score
614
Just saw this list of 100 movies that define the current decade:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/65...0s-in-film.html

I thought it might be fun to create a poll based on that list(excluding Avatar, which hasn't been released yet), but instead of voting for the films that define the decade, let's just vote for the movies you think are the best. I'll divide the list into a series of small polls where you just vote for the ones that you think are the best in each poll. Then later on I'll combine the top films from each poll into one final poll so we can vote for the top-20 or top-30 films of the decade according to the Shed End.

I'll post the first poll in this post and post the rest of the polls in following posts.

 
Argh...I messed up, because I just realised that you can't add new polls after the first post in the thread. I'll have to see what I'll do with the rest of the polls now. I'm not sure if I want to post separate threads for each poll. :)

 
Shows how often I go to the pictures. Haven't heard of many in that list :)

 
The Wrestler. Thought it was outstanding, Rourke is incredible in it.

Just had a read through the whole article, and know exactly what film I want as the best ever, but shall not reveal until the final result.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only one on that list of 100 movies I'd go with would be "Amelie".

Some other movies I liked from the last ten years...

Battle Royale

Enemy At The Gates

Gods And Generals

Road To Perdition

The Dreamers

Cinderella Man

Keeping Mum

This Is England

 
crash was a great film

wasn't realy a fan of this is england though

 
I wouldn't vote for any of the ones in this poll as I don't think any of them are in my favourite films of this decade.

I though Crash was a bit of a blunt instrument that desperately wanted to be the film that changed the face of prejudice forever and failed miserably.

 
Everytime I see Crash mentioned (I've not actually seen this one) I keep thinking of the one about car wrecks that get the main bloke's missus up for a bit of "how's your father?"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't vote for any of the ones in this poll as I don't think any of them are in my favourite films of this decade.
Don't be such a snob. :o

Just vote for the movie you think is the best out of the choices. :lol:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top