Best pieces of music live

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sindre
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent track - Santana's greatest? Not sure, there are so many brilliant tracks to choose from.
Of course you're right. I've always thought that track (and the album it comes from) was a bit special, but like you say, there are so many to choose from.

 
tried to explain it there but it completely cocked up

quote someone's post to see the format. and in between the 2 youtube brackets, stick the characters after the = sign in the youtube url. in your case it would be tGU0z1DGO8E:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Funk at it's best - and boy, was Chaka Khan sexy or what? I'm just off for a cold shower...

 
tried to explain it there but it completely cocked upquote someone's post to see the format. and in between the 2 youtube brackets, stick the characters after the = sign in the youtube url. in your case it would be tGU0z1DGO8E:
Thank you..

 
Always the best bit of a DM gig...

 
Hendrix Band of Gypsies

Machine Gun Part 1

Machine Gun Part 2

 
It's hard to pick the best anyway, so I thought I'd post something different from what has been posted so far. I really like many of the Take Away Shows by La Blogotheque. If you're not familiar with the concept, it's basically different bands performing live in unconventional places. Not necessarily weird places, but places that you don't usually people perform and record live performances and usually they're quite stripped down versions of the bands' songs. They're sort of weird cinéma vérité versions of performance music videos. Not all of them are great, but some of them manage to capture something a bit special, even if the sound quality is not always the highest possible, but I like the rough and ragged feel that many of the videos have and how they use the acoustics of the place where they're performing. Well anyway, here are a few examples:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously love this guy, it's ridiculous... one of my aims to see him.

I saw this live as my first proper gig.

 
Truly awesome song, been one of my favourites since I saw 'em as a teen, got to be Robertson and Gorham though.

If I was computer literate I'd also stick Freebird up.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
A full Mondo Cane album is supposed to be released next year, but here's a live performance:

 
Terrible quality, but a great gig, and yes I was there! The legend that was James Brown passed away shortly after this gig! But the whole place, from stage to back door was dancing, amazing!

 
For me one of the high points of Live Aid 85 (Was that 24 years ago f**k me I am old)


name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top