Bobby Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim W

Go ahead and play for keeps
Messages
5,206
Reaction score
240
I see on the official site that Bobby Smith has passed away. More remembered as a Spurs player, but in his day was a true centre forward. I remember him at Spurs in the early sixties yet more after his spell at Brighton when he played for Hastings Utd. As with most players dropping down the leagues by the time he reached the Southern League he was overweight, suffering the effects of one pint too many, but the couple of times I saw him his class was still there in the odd touches and he scored a few cracking goals. RIP.

 
I never saw him play, apart from old TV clips, but Bobby Smith was a good old-fashioned centre-forward. He scored 30 goals in 86 appearances for Chelsea, before leaving to join Spuds. RIP Bobby.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top