Valerie
Only one 23
- Messages
- 35,253
- Reaction score
- 22,178
I'm still green with envyJust in case my missus reads this, I want it on the record that I more or less behaved myself
I'm still green with envyJust in case my missus reads this, I want it on the record that I more or less behaved myself
Only proves there's an idiot born every minute.some are calling for Maresca back, they must be delirious or havenāt followed us during his boring, boring tenure.
Some others want Estevao on the lineup, what has he exactly shown to warrant a starting spot ahead of Palmer (or Welbeck for that matter if we played Rogers as a false 9)? Also, heās coming back from an injury that would take longer than what weāve seen or would require surgery in some cases, according to some people that know about these things. So, Iām not expecting to see him flying from the start, and heās been very quiet against Leeds.
So far, Iāve enjoyed more games this season than I have since BlueCo/Clearlake take over until the start of this season, so that is that. These owners put us where we were last season, itās not going to take one summer transfer window to correct that. Weāll see if they can correct it, but so far weāve got an exciting attack and a coach thatās the best up and coming from those that were available, and who has, letās we forget, recovered Palmer from the gutter that Maresca and Rosenior put him.
Iād swap him back tomorrow if he didnāt hate the club so much! At least he can show Clownlake a league title next year. Best Gaffer since Tuchel went.Only proves there's an idiot born every minute.
Happens with every manager even when we have momentum, we can go into the International break looking like prime Brazil and come back looking a primeā¦. Brentford!Most depressing thing, is that we had this scenario previously, loss before a long international break, came back (we all thought that was time for Maresca to figure it out), and we were worse on return.
Hopefully it will be different for our manager Ruben Amorim, erm, I mean Xabi Alonso.![]()
I've heard some fans are already labeling Alonso as the new Ruben Amorim, partly due to the preference for a back 3 system, Amorim was married to it at United, and also saying that they can win things in a second rate leagues but cannot hack a top league.Most depressing thing, is that we had this scenario previously, loss before a long international break, came back (we all thought that was time for Maresca to figure it out), and we were worse on return.
Hopefully it will be different for our manager Ruben Amorim, erm, I mean Xabi Alonso.![]()
Is it the club he hates, or Eghbali and his cronies?Iād swap him back tomorrow if he didnāt hate the club so much! At least he can show Clownlake a league title next year. Best Gaffer since Tuchel went.
Happens with every manager even when we have momentum, we can go into the International break looking like prime Brazil and come back looking a primeā¦. Brentford!![]()
Only proves there's an idiot born every minute.
Wait a second... wasn't Maresca the problem? I mean, it was a fantastic squad according to the non-idiotic posts around here. The only problem was that Maresca "made the men in blue play ugly...some are calling for Maresca back, they must be delirious or havenāt followed us during his boring, boring tenure.
Some others want Estevao on the lineup, what has he exactly shown to warrant a starting spot ahead of Palmer (or Welbeck for that matter if we played Rogers as a false 9)? Also, heās coming back from an injury that would take longer than what weāve seen or would require surgery in some cases, according to some people that know about these things. So, Iām not expecting to see him flying from the start, and heās been very quiet against Leeds.
So far, Iāve enjoyed more games this season than I have since BlueCo/Clearlake take over until the start of this season, so that is that. These owners put us where we were last season, itās not going to take one summer transfer window to correct that. Weāll see if they can correct it, but so far weāve got an exciting attack and a coach thatās the best up and coming from those that were available, and who has, letās we forget, recovered Palmer from the gutter that Maresca and Rosenior put him.
We could knock down a few walls at Cobham to accomodate all our ex-coaches who could do nothing with our not-fit-for-purpose squad. Only the builders would get something out of this, though.Liam Rosenior has Paris FC third in Ligue 1 so far this season. Maybe we should get him back too?
If you check my comments from back when we had Poundland Pep, I never said that we had a good team. I think that weāre all well aware of this team deficiencies and of what we need to compete. But two things can be true at the same time, and Maresca was the most boring coach since Sarri, and he drained the life of the most exciting player weāve had since Hazard, Palmer. Plus, heās a horrible person, someone who betrayed the club he was working for. We could be going down but Iād still wouldnāt want that c**t back and I only wish him the worst.Wait a second... wasn't Maresca the problem? I mean, it was a fantastic squad according to the non-idiotic posts around here. The only problem was that Maresca "made the men in blue play ugly..."
The armchair coaches here said "Maresca is bad", which apparently wasn't enough to stop the billionaire oil hedge-fund guys from hiring him as manager anyway ā replacing none other than Pep himself.
Hey, don't let me stop your mass hallucination... seems to be working for ya.![]()
Wait a second... wasn't Maresca the problem? I mean, it was a fantastic squad according to the non-idiotic posts around here. The only problem was that Maresca "made the men in blue play ugly..."
The armchair coaches here said "Maresca is bad", which apparently wasn't enough to stop the billionaire oil hedge-fund guys from hiring him as manager anyway ā replacing none other than Pep himself.
Hey, don't let me stop your mass hallucination... seems to be working for ya.![]()
Are you a fan?
I wasn't really criticizing your opinion of Maresca. I was specifically quipping about the strong correlation, or even causation, that quite a few people here were hinting at not just you specifically.If you check my comments from back when we had Poundland Pep, I never said that we had a good team. I think that weāre all well aware of this team deficiencies and of what we need to compete. But two things can be true at the same time, and Maresca was the most boring coach since Sarri, and he drained the life of the most exciting player weāve had since Hazard, Palmer. Plus, heās a horrible person, someone who betrayed the club he was working for. We could be going down but Iād still wouldnāt want that c**t back and I only wish him the worst.
Not really, by your division of āGood teams play; poor teams defend.ā, weāre one of the goodies. Weāve played really good attacking football, sh*t defending, but weāve played good football. So, Iām not sure why you consider that weāre one of the bad teams unless youāre judging us by one single game, the last one.Are you a fan?no judgement here people like strange things.
I wasn't really criticizing your opinion of Maresca. I was specifically quipping about the strong correlation, or even causation, that quite a few people here were hinting at not just you specifically.
We discuss every freaking week how our defensive line is poor; as in, they aren't good enough 1v1, which means defending has to start in front of them, through multiple defensive lines. That's the most boring part of Maresca's strategy IMO. My take is that, with this squad, playing boring was absolutely necessary unless we wanted to concede goals like we are right now. For me, Maresca's strategy was the right one, and Alonso is erring in thinking the squad is better than it is.
Good teams play; poor teams defend. For me, we are in the latter category.
Regarding Maresca, I have no f**king idea how good Maresca will turn out to be, and neither does anyone else. That's kind of the point.
Fair enough, but I think there's another aspect to this: there's what we may want from football, but there's also what the club needs the manager to achieve and the constraints he's working under. Those can absolutely force his hand into playing in a particular way.Not really, by your division of āGood teams play; poor teams defend.ā, weāre one of the goodies. Weāve played really good attacking football, sh*t defending, but weāve played good football. So, Iām not sure why you consider that weāre one of the bad teams unless youāre judging us by one single game, the last one.
We did look entertaining for a few months after Pochettino under Maresca, and then he got the team to play his way. And the rest is history. There are two teamsā fans that can tell you all about Poundland Pep, Leicester and Chelsea fans, so history is telling. Weāll see how City fair this season but theyāve been lucky at the beginning. In any case, I donāt care how City do, my dislike of the two c**ts that have gone there goes beyond the football they made us play, I think that Iāve made it pretty clear. We could be in the championship and they could be winning the CL, and I still wouldnāt want any of those two back.Fair enough, but I think there's another aspect to this: there's what we may want from football, but there's also what the club needs the manager to achieve and the constraints he's working under. Those can absolutely force his hand into playing in a particular way.
BTW, City looks pretty entertaining to me so far.![]()
I'd disagree and say that after his settling period, the board then got him playing their way!We did look entertaining for a few months after Pochettino under Maresca, and then he got the team to play his way.