César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

Gem

Legend
Messages
18,526
Reaction score
1,576
After a slow start to his Chelsea career he is finally getting a longer run in the side. So, now we've seen more of him - what are you thoughts at this halfwayish stage? I think he's been a revolution without going OTT. I think he's made that RB position his own and I see no reason why he should be dropped/rotated at this present time. Form/injuries will come into it but at the moment I don't see why we should rock the boat. He has a good cross on him, he defends well (I've not seen him make a major c*ck up of anything yet) and he has a lovely smile. At 23 I hope we've got our main right back for years to come.

article-2192964-14AD2593000005DC-784_634x421.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Quality signing at a great price. Not something you associate with CFC.

He is solid without being spectacular - I hope he remains our right back for the next 5 years. Only critiscm would be his crossing which needs some work.

 
His grin is habitual! :biggrin:

Norwich+City+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+L5aWQwwj28Px.jpg


I've been very pleased with what I've seen from him thus far, early days of course but I don't see much getting in the way of him becoming our long term  right fullback.

 
tumblr_m99wp2Q5Fy1qbtho3o1_500.jpg


And yep, £7m is a great piece of business. I will mention that his compatriot who played for us on the left in 2006 also started well... but had probably fallen by December. I doubt we'll have the same fate with Azpi.

 
His grin is habitual! :biggrin:
Norwich+City+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+L5aWQwwj28Px.jpg


I've been very pleased with what I've seen from him thus far, early days of course but I don't see much getting in the way of him becoming our long term  right fullback.
He looks creepy in this picture :biggrin:

 
He's been great, 1 bad game against Monterrey but other than that he has been very good. Good defensively and good going forward.

 
Only critiscm would be his crossing which needs some work.
lion-king-confused-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-328.gif


his crossing is fantastic, i dare say one of the best fullbacks in the league when it comes to crossing

 
Can't remember him having one bad game so far. Either he's been solid or really good.

So he's been a really good signing so far.

And seeing as Luiz has moved up to midfield at the moment Ivan can play as CB, so there's less competition for RB.

 
He looks a lot like Terry in wide shots on the telly. Especially as 28 can easily be confused with 26. Not that it has anything to do with his qualities as a defender... :happy001:

I wasn't too impressed at first, but he's playing better and better AND his crossing is excellent. If he keeps it up, he's certainly a bargain. That smile makes him look like a bit mad at times, though. Hopefully it freaks out the opposition players.

 
His grin is habitual! :biggrin:
Norwich+City+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+L5aWQwwj28Px.jpg


I've been very pleased with what I've seen from him thus far, early days of course but I don't see much getting in the way of him becoming our long term  right fullback.
Oh my god, that is the best picture I've ever seen.

Barely anyone else has a small grin, and there he is with the biggest smile in the entire world.

His smile is nearly as distracting as Bosingwa's eyebrow....

 
Dave is so far a super signing. Good at getting forward and his crossing is great (sorry bjd ! I must have selective memory) All in all great value , I hope he continues to get a good run in the team.

 
I too think that his crossing needs work. It's not bad and we've seen him put in some really nice ones, but it's still the biggest area in which he needs to improve. Otherwise, he's pretty much as advertised. Quality young fullback at a decent price. 

 
Dave is genuine quality. Very brave as well, not frightened to put his foot, or his head, where others may hesitate.

The only time he has looked second best this season IMO is when he was up against that Monterray winger, Jesus someone or other. He was their one and only player and had pace to burn. Most other full-backs would have struggled against him on the day.

 
Done everything I've expected from him, I was never impressed with his attacking play beforehand so I didn''t get my hopes up but defensively not many got the better of him in France and that seems to be the case here as well.

Wouldn't go as far as to say his crossing is fantastic, he's currently the best at it at our club but that's only because no one else can cross properly.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dave is genuine quality. Very brave as well, not frightened to put his foot, or his head, where others may hesitate.
The only time he has looked second best this season IMO is when he was up against that Monterray winger, Jesus someone or other. He was their one and only player and had pace to burn. Most other full-backs would have struggled against him on the day.
Yeah his name on his back said Jesus C :rolleyes:

 
Back
Top