Chants of old

Status
Not open for further replies.

geezer

Senile old git
Messages
9,174
Reaction score
157
Loz's recent quiz question of an old chant (which I got wrong!!) made me recall many of the old terrace chants my favourite of which was aimed at the Man City side of the late 60's mearly 70's.

#Lee bums Bell

Bell bums Lee

Lee and Bell bum Summerbee

With a knick knack paddywhack

Give the dog a bone

Why don't City f**k off home?#

 
It sometimes felt as if there were new songs being born every week under the Shed in the late 60's and early 70's. Two of my faves -

To the tune of "Wand'rin' Star" by Lee Marvin

"I was born under a Chelsea Shed,

I was born under a Chelsea Shed,

Knives are made for stabbing,

Guns are made to shoot,

If you come under the Chelsea Shed

We'll all stick in the boot,

I was born under a Chelsea Shed,

A Chelsea, Chelsea Shed"

To the tune of "Montego Bay" by Bobby Bloom (though the best version was by Freddie Notes & The Rudies)

"Five hundred Tottenham lying dead,

Just cos' they tried to take the Chelsea Shed,

Come in the morning or come at night,

Don't come at all if you cannot fight,

Sing out, oh oh oh oh oh oh The Chelsea Shed,

Oh oh oh oh oh oh The Chelsea Shed"

Good days.... B)

 
you go in on your feet.

you come out on ya head

you aint seen nothing like the MIGHTY SHED!

 
Those were the days my friend

We took the Stretford End

We took the Kop, we took the f**king lot

We'd fight and never lose

Then we'd sing "Up The Blues"

Those were the days

Oh yes those were the days

Na na na, na na na

Na na na, na na na

Na na na na

Na na na na na na

 
It's nice to hear all the old shed chants again, although they'll never be the same as the old days..........We're the middle, we're the west side etc..........

A few old ones here - but mostly new:

http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/chelsea/

I've just had half the office shout 'oh turn that sh*t off' . When I entered the site my volume was up as loud as it would go........I've added it to favourites so I can play it everytime one of em pisses me off!

 
North stand north stand do your job,north stand, do your job.
We are mad ~ In the head

...... We're the North Stand not the Shed

La la la Etc.....

=============

What about

If you like a lot of aggro in ya football, join our club

 
Some that are still heard occasionally

Come along come along

come along and sing our song

were the boys in blue from division two

but we wont be there for long

Osgood osgood etc.. now sung at vertually every game.. brilliant.

If i had the wings of a sparrow

the dirty old ars* of a crow

I'd fly over (add ground/club)

and sh*t on the bar stewards below

.. and can anyone remember the Zulu song ?? or did I imagine it ?

 
Before the match version.....

There was a mighty battle there, in Mill, in Millwall

One hundred thousand North Stand there, in Mill, in Millwall

All the West Ham gathered round, in Mill, in Millwall

Chelsea battered them into the grooooouuuuund,

In Millwall, in Millwall

After the match version.....

There was a mighty battle there, in Mill, in Millwall

One hundred thousand North Stand there, in Mill, in Millwall

All the Shed Boys stayed at home.......

Never to be sung again.

 
Bump.

Sang to the tune of Edith Piaf's Milord.

Come on and cheer again,

Cos Chelsea's here again,

We are the greatest football team you've ever seen,

We are the best in town,

We are the best around,

We are the greatest football team you've ever seen

Tried it out at Fado's in Seattle night before the match in front of a few olde tyme Chelsea, and to my delight they turned around bright eyed and sang along. History right there.

 
TO THE TUNE OF THE TEDDYSBEAR PICNIC.

if you go down to the bridge today you better go in disguise,

if you go into the shed today you'll never believe your eyes,

cause jeremy the sugar puff bear has donned some boots and shaved off his hair......

AND JEREMY THE SUGER PUFF BEARS JOINED THE SKIN HEADS

 
Before the match version.....There was a mighty battle there, in Mill, in Millwall

One hundred thousand North Stand there, in Mill, in Millwall

All the West Ham gathered round, in Mill, in Millwall

Chelsea battered them into the grooooouuuuund,

In Millwall, in Millwall

After the match version.....

There was a mighty battle there, in Mill, in Millwall

One hundred thousand North Stand there, in Mill, in Millwall

All the Shed Boys stayed at home.......

Never to be sung again.
So f*ckin' true, I used to get so pissed off with the amount of Shed Boys gobbing off that they'd be going to West Ham or Millwall, then come the day they were nowhere to be seen. Happened every year!

 
TO THE TUNE OF THE TEDDYSBEAR PICNIC.if you go down to the bridge today you better go in disguise,

if you go into the shed today you'll never believe your eyes,

cause jeremy the sugar puff bear has donned some boots and shaved off his hair......

AND JEREMY THE SUGER PUFF BEARS JOINED THE SKIN HEADS
one of my favourites, though I remember a slightly different version: -

If you go down to the Bridge today, be sure of a big surprise

If you go up in the Shed today, you'll hardly believe your eyes

'cos Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear has bought some boots and cropped his hair

And Jeremy is now the king of the skinheads

 
Last edited by a moderator:
one of my favourites, though I remember a slightly different version: - If you go down to the Bridge today, be sure of a big surprise

If you go up in the Shed today, you'll hardly believe your eyes

'cos Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear has bought some boots and cropped his hair

And Jeremy is now the king of the skinheads
Hmm I like this one better. So smooth.

Quick, 'beard and others, besides "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds..." can you share any old songs specific to those bar stewards?

 
one of my favourites, though I remember a slightly different version: - If you go down to the Bridge today, be sure of a big surprise

If you go up in the Shed today, you'll hardly believe your eyes

'cos Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear has bought some boots and cropped his hair

And Jeremy is now the king of the skinheads
I was just reading through this thread and remembered telling my misses about this song when I read CBB's post..I showed her it but said the words were slightly different in the version I knew..the main part being "Bought some Boots and Cropped his hair" and then I see you learned the same one..

Carshalton Rules :(

I remember it was about 8 years ago I was singing the old songs sat in a Transit Tourneo, Broken down in Austria waiting for the AA..I was trying to keep us all cheerful and recon the old Austrians must have thought the English were insane.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought of another few from the old days...

"We don't carry shotguns, we don't carry lead

We only carry hatchets to bury in your heads,

We don't carry razors, we don't carry tools,

We only wear our bovver boots to kick you in the balls"

then, to the tune of 'Pick A Bale Of Cotton'

"Jump down turn around, kick him in the bo**ocks

Jump down turn around, kick him in the head"

I can't remember what the Everton keeper did to deserve this, but this was sung to the tune of "Excerpt From A Teenage Opera" by Keith West

"Gordon West, Gordon West,

Biggest c*nt since Georgie Best,

Get on your bike, and f*ck off home"

and Kool & The Gang...

"Boot wrapped round yer head,

You'll get a boot wrapped round yer head"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
one of my favourites, though I remember a slightly different version: - If you go down to the Bridge today, be sure of a big surprise

If you go up in the Shed today, you'll hardly believe your eyes

'cos Jeremy the Sugar Puff Bear has bought some boots and cropped his hair

And Jeremy is now the king of the skinheads
That's the version I knew...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top