- Messages
- 22,723
- Reaction score
- 6,608
As another year comes to a damp and chilly end it would seem appropriate to take a moment when not:
My own particular thanks go to Mod for keeping the cogs turning whilst I occasionally step in to pretend I know what I am doing, and to ethical and Butch for all the work they do in the background that nobody sees or realises ever happened.
As with all forums there is a need for a regular turnover (preferably a net inward migration!) and it is with that in mind that I thank all the new posters who have turned up this year whilst also thanking those who have been with us for many years and continue to post. The recent return of Blakie and Geezer also serves as a reminder of those who, for whatever reason, have drifted away in the past and I, of course, warmly welcome their return and would love to see the return of some of the names of days gone by to complement the existing posters and new ones still to arrive.
As always there has been a few run ins but what would a forum be without that? A site where we all patted each on the back and agreed would be a pretty dull place! It has been a very rare occurrence that either I, or any of the mods, have felt the need to step in (and when we have it has normally been due to the input of a WUM) and for that I thank everyone, it makes our lives a lot easier (believe it or not we are happy just being posters 99% of the time). Another year of the same will be greatly appreciated.
What better way to end a year than to see G3.7 being called deluded. That wins the Shed End 2012 'No sh*t Sherlock' award, beating the picture below into second place.
/monthly_12_2012/post-3-0-03786600-1356364677_thumb.jpg
- Drunk
- Watching yet another kid’s film
- Yawning
- Wondering how on earth Roman appointed the FSW instead of Rene from ‘Allo ‘Allo
- Hunting through the Sky films and wondering why the only chance of seeing a naked woman at Christmas is on Men & Motors.
My own particular thanks go to Mod for keeping the cogs turning whilst I occasionally step in to pretend I know what I am doing, and to ethical and Butch for all the work they do in the background that nobody sees or realises ever happened.
As with all forums there is a need for a regular turnover (preferably a net inward migration!) and it is with that in mind that I thank all the new posters who have turned up this year whilst also thanking those who have been with us for many years and continue to post. The recent return of Blakie and Geezer also serves as a reminder of those who, for whatever reason, have drifted away in the past and I, of course, warmly welcome their return and would love to see the return of some of the names of days gone by to complement the existing posters and new ones still to arrive.
As always there has been a few run ins but what would a forum be without that? A site where we all patted each on the back and agreed would be a pretty dull place! It has been a very rare occurrence that either I, or any of the mods, have felt the need to step in (and when we have it has normally been due to the input of a WUM) and for that I thank everyone, it makes our lives a lot easier (believe it or not we are happy just being posters 99% of the time). Another year of the same will be greatly appreciated.
What better way to end a year than to see G3.7 being called deluded. That wins the Shed End 2012 'No sh*t Sherlock' award, beating the picture below into second place.
/monthly_12_2012/post-3-0-03786600-1356364677_thumb.jpg
Attachments
Last edited by a moderator: