The reaction to that call was, as usual, massively overblown. I don't think it was a foul, but I don't think it was so bad that it warranted an entire football media meltdown over it in this country. Where was this anger when Bruno Fernandes won a penalty for fouling the Villa player? Where was the anger when Kovacic was sent off against Arsenal in the FA Cup final? Where was the anger when Sanchez scored the winning goal after a deliberate handball? Where was the reaction to Dowman winning a penalty for getting his foot trod on in similar fashion? I've seen worse decisions go in the Liverpool's favour and the likes of Carragher and Murphy don't have a word to say.
The outrage is fake, same as the whole "Costa Crimes" stuff from Sky when we played Liverpool. We know it's fake because these clowns are selective with it.