Chelsea vs Fulham (PL) Saturday 30th August 12:30 GMT

Just watching Silva now. To be fair to him, he was honest without going OTT. I understand his frustration with the disallowed goal, because VAR is not meant to be used to re-referee decisions, and the ref had decided to let the incident go. I can see why VAR got involved but I agree that it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

He didn't comment on the Pedro handball because he didn't want to face FA punishment. To me, it was correct not to call a handball because it was kicked at his hand from a few inches away.

 
Just watching Silva now. To be fair to him, he was honest without going OTT. I understand his frustration with the disallowed goal, because VAR is not meant to be used to re-referee decisions, and the ref had decided to let the incident go. I can see why VAR got involved but I agree that it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

He didn't comment on the Pedro handball because he didn't want to face FA punishment. To me, it was correct not to call a handball because it was kicked at his hand from a few inches away.
But then you are accepting this to be natural flow of the game, which in itself sets a dangerous precedent. It took Chalobah out the game which led to their goal in the first place.

It’s a 50/50 call that some people are blowing way out of proportion.

 
Just watched the highlights. Awful VAR decision. Fulham should have been 1-0 up.

 
Did they change the rules? Last year, any handball on the build up to a goal or penalty was given, even if unintentional
The rule has been changed ( year ago I think). It used to be that hitting a player's arm either when he was in the act of scoring or immediately before he scored saw the goal disallowed - even if the arm was in a natural position and would otherwise not be penalised as a handball.

The law now is it's just the goalscorer who will be penalised.

 
Was a much better second half and good to sh*t house a win like that, don’t know what people are moaning about everything going against Fulham their first goal fair enough but the penalty was clear.

only criticism was how slow they was to come to a VAR decision,

One team in Fulham up the chels

 
Damn. Our lack of depth will cost us.

Would have put Santos on for me, Enzo higher up. Looks like George - will he shuffle Neto and Estevao to do this.
I agree but I thought Enzo was shyte today - apart from the corner and penalty kick 😁

Good 3 pts - MOTM between Chalobah, Pedro and VAR!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
But then you are accepting this to be natural flow of the game, which in itself sets a dangerous precedent. It took Chalobah out the game which led to their goal in the first place.

It’s a 50/50 call that some people are blowing way out of proportion.
I agree with that. It did take TC out, and fouls don't have to be intentional to be penalised, so the ref and VAR were not wrong. But they are being pilloried for the call (because we are the beneficiaries).

But if it's a 50-50 it can't be a clear and obvious error, and managers have been told VAR is not meant to get involved unless it is (apart from offside calls). The ref saw the incident and saw nothing wrong. He missed the tread on TC's foot, but such contact does happen all the time and is often missed.

 
Trev is so good today
Still has to prove himself to someone, somewhere.
Don't know his real name but around here he goes by @timetowaste

200.gif


 
don’t know what people are moaning about everything going against Fulham their first goal fair enough but the penalty was clear.only criticism was how slow they was to come to a VAR decision,

One team in Fulham up the chels
Fulham were definitely shafted by VAR last week. Man U got a penalty when Bassey threw Mount to the ground at a corner, but VAR ignored the very dimilar foul two feet away by Shaw. Fernandes missed the pen.

Then Man U scored from a corner when Yoro clearly pushed the defender. Should have been ruled out but VAR didn't get involved.

 
TNT have been disgraceful today.

Yes, we probably got away with one on the Fulham goal, but it was mentioned literally every 5 minutes afterwards, they was begging for a Pedro handball to cancel out our penalty, and in the interview they even asked Pedro if Chelsea was lucky today.

Broadcasting shouldn’t be that bias - especially when you’re paying a subscription!

It’s not the worst referee display ever although they will make you think it is.

I bet there will be a bigger incident this weekend in one of the other games.

Even Joe Cole was on board with TNT, probably worried he’d get cancelled if he went against them.

Horrible commentary today.
TNT and in particular Darren Fletcher are always looking for controversy. Fletcher is a pretty useless commentator who probably can’t name more than five players from either side, so to cover his inadequacy he plays on whether VAR should be involved and then complains when they do. He’s no John Motson who put in the homework before a match.

 
I know Pedro scored and will get the plaudits but Chalobah for me was excellent and my MOTM.
I agree. I thought he was becoming a bit of a bomb scare for a short period after their ruled out goal, but I think he got back to basics and had a really strong game in the end

 
Excellent 3 points considering how poor we were in the first half.

Good signs that we are beginning to win games when not playing well.

Still think we desperately need a CB.

I think we’ll be top at the end of the next round of fixtures

 
from sky sports news.Maresca hints at new striker signing after Delap injuryChelsea boss Enzo Maresca has revealed Liam Delap will be sidelined for several weeks due to a hamstring injury.

"The injury doesn't look good. He was full speed, hamstring. It requires weeks," Maresca said in his press conference after the game.

"In terms of another striker, we just finished the game. Now we will see if we take any decisions."

On the future of Jackson and whether it was too late to prevent him from leaving the club, Maresca added: "I just said, we finish the game and came here. We will see. I don't know.

"When you have two strikers, it's enough. When one is injured, it is probably not enough."

 
Back
Top