Copa America Centenario thread

From what I heard, Luis Suarez was told that he was on the team list when he actually wasn't, and he didn't find out until this moment?!
so that gives Suarez the excuse to throw a temper tantrum like a lil' kid? Dude is a professional & needs to grow up - just like biting people - this is stuff I did when I was about 3 years old

 
so that gives Suarez the excuse to throw a temper tantrum like a lil' kid? Dude is a professional & needs to grow up - just like biting people - this is stuff I did when I was about 3 years old
I didn't say anything about it being okay to throw a tantrum. Just pointing out that if reports are correct, the manager did something really odd that I can see many players getting upset at. Not break-the-wall upset, but upset.

 
Messi subbed on in the 61st minute and gets a hat trick! All while sporting a beard that makes him look like Christian Bale.

 
Team USA - Still in it to win it!!!!

CktQ_OhUkAAUd3V.jpg
 
I've found the games at Copa America to be more entertaining than the small number of games so far at Euros. Great pace in many of the games.

 
I've found the games at Copa America to be more entertaining than the small number of games so far at Euros. Great pace in many of the games.
There has definitely been some good skill on display but I have enjoyed watching the Euro's more so far. Probably because I am more used to the European style of play. Also the atmosphere has been better at the Euro games I think. Although it has got out of control in a few places of course.

Anyway it is nice to be able watch both tournaments. Differrnt styles of play but some great football.

US team bounced back really well from that first defeat. They will fancy their chances in qf. I wonder if Colombia will be happier to face Brazil in the QF than potentially Argentina in the semi? They might regret playing such a weak team last night.

 
There has definitely been some good skill on display but I have enjoyed watching the Euro's more so far. Probably because I am more used to the European style of play. Also the atmosphere has been better at the Euro games I think. Although it has got out of control in a few places of course.

Anyway it is nice to be able watch both tournaments. Differrnt styles of play but some great football.

US team bounced back really well from that first defeat. They will fancy their chances in qf. I wonder if Colombia will be happier to face Brazil in the QF than potentially Argentina in the semi? They might regret playing such a weak team last night.
Did you see Messi the other night? :shok:

 
TBF - Brazil was robbed - Peru's goal shouldn't have stood but refs can't use replays to make judgments <_<
I wonder if this will tip things toward video replay now that an influential superpower is on the victim end of it for once.

 
Looks like no Luiz to blame for this one

 
Quarterfinals start tonight!

USA vs Ecuador, not familiar with the Ecuador team, so I don't have a sense in how it will go.

Tomorrow it's Peru vs Colombia. On paper Colombia should easily win, but Peru have been surprisingly good.

Saturday it's Argentina vs Venezuela and Mexico vs Chile.

Argentina should easily win.

The Mexico Chile game could potentially be the best game of the tournament. Impossible to call, but I'm leaning toward Mexico because of the "home advantage" they have. It'll be interesting who starts in goal. They used three different goalkeepers in their three group games, and all of them were excellent. If Chile win there will be ugly scenes though thankfully not as ugly as what we've seen at Euro 2016.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ecuador will provide tricky opposition but I am picking US to win a close contest tonight. Argentina and Colombia should win their matches without too much drama. Mexico v. Chile is tougher to call. Chile looked pretty good the other night but their keeper is worse than Joe Hart. I will tip Mexico in a close and hopefully entertaining game.

 
Back
Top