Cult TV series.

Saw the complete series of Minder in our local supermarket earlier today. Boxed set of 10 DVDS. Need to drop a few hints now...

 
Saw the complete series of Minder in our local supermarket earlier today. Boxed set of 10 DVDS. Need to drop a few hints now...
A fine programme. One of the episodes has a clip of Terry McCann at Stamford Bridge. I'm trying to find the clip on youtube. Will post if I can find it. George Cole was a fine actor.

 
Boyne: Yeah I have the Pat Reid book. I won it as a schools athletic prize back in 1981 !

I have read the Airey Neave book and have Colditz the definitive history by Henry Chancellor.

Enjoying the series.

Mark. McManus of Taggart fame is in Episode 1
Just watched a clip of Mark McManus with the late, great Rikki Fulton. From Scotch and Wry. That was a fine programme. Some great clips of it - including the one below - on youtube. Fulton as the Rev. I M Jolly was brilliant.




 
Boyne: Brilliant Rikki Fulton clip. Supercop and the Rev I.M. Jolly are timeless. Although non Scots might find it hard to understand the language and the very Scottish humour.

 
Boyne: The clip when Fulton plays the Reverend David Goodchild is priceless. "Lovely water that !"

This sketch I think was the original Late Call and then the Rev I.M. Jolly took over.

 
Boyne: Brilliant Rikki Fulton clip. Supercop and the Rev I.M. Jolly are timeless. Although non Scots might find it hard to understand the language and the very Scottish humour.


Boyne: The clip when Fulton plays the Reverend David Goodchild is priceless. "Lovely water that !"

This sketch I think was the original Late Call and then the Rev I.M. Jolly took over.
Just watched the clip of Rev David Goodchild. Brilliant. Now watching Rikki as the Rev W.E. Free. Wonderful.

As you say, some non-Scots might find it hard to understand. The first time I watched Scotch and Wry was when I visited my Grand-Parents in Larkhall south of Glasgow many years ago. Found it hilarious. A shame that it has never been shown in England.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
My Father in law got the boxed set of Minder for Christmas. So I will be able to get to see them once he has watched them.

 
Back
Top