Danny Welbeck

Jezz

KINGS OF EUROPE
Messages
7,369
Reaction score
6,191
Talk about a shift in strategy. Going from u21s to signing 35-year-old veterans now.

touch-icon-36.4462ac53e0.png
BBC Sport
5210b680-89bc-11f1-965a-d70ca8fc6275.jpg
Danny Welbeck: Chelsea in talks to sign Brighton forwardChelsea are in talks to sign Brighton & Hove Albion striker Danny Welbeck, with the 35-year-old keen to join new manager Xabi Alonso at Stamford Bridge.
 
Talk about a shift in strategy. Going from u21s to signing 35-year-old veterans now.

touch-icon-36.4462ac53e0.png
BBC Sport
5210b680-89bc-11f1-965a-d70ca8fc6275.jpg
Danny Welbeck: Chelsea in talks to sign Brighton forwardChelsea are in talks to sign Brighton & Hove Albion striker Danny Welbeck, with the 35-year-old keen to join new manager Xabi Alonso at Stamford Bridge.
The shift in strategy is fine by me, got sick of the Brighton obsession.

 
The shift in strategy is fine by me, got sick of the Brighton obsession.
As a back up to Joao Pedro, I wouldn't mind it provided we don't spend too much acquiring him.

 
Can only assume that means Delap, Jackson and Emegha are as good as gone then?

 
Danny Welbeck, maybe he could clean the first team squads boots? I thought we were done with this fetish club.

lol @ the old blue co crowd, once last hurrah? na lets move on.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can only assume that means Delap, Jackson and Emegha are as good as gone then?
Reckon Jackson is gone and maybe Delap. Interesting the links have happened just after Emeghas injury.

 
Apparently he spent a season at Watford. I have no recollection of this.

 
I expect im in a minority but I would be more than happy with this, for one it stops the f**ker scoring against us but having him in the squad or of the bench would be a lot better than we currently have. Its very similar to when we got Giroud.

 
I expect im in a minority but I would be more than happy with this, for one it stops the f**ker scoring against us but having him in the squad or of the bench would be a lot better than we currently have. Its very similar to when we got Giroud.
13 Premier League goals and quite a few from the bench is an ideal backup for Joao Pedro. Im okay with this and gives me a bit more hope seeing Welbeck warming up to help change a game rather than Delap. Probably the Xhaka experience alternative too. Add Stones to the squad and thats a decent amount of old heads.

 
Not against this. Him and Stones would certainly offer the experience we've all been crying out for. £10m and get it done.

 
I expect im in a minority but I would be more than happy with this, for one it stops the f**ker scoring against us but having him in the squad or of the bench would be a lot better than we currently have. Its very similar to when we got Giroud.
Getting a back up that is prepared to have limited minutes and to look after his body is fine in my book. I wanted us to get Callum Wilson last season for the same reason. Providing its a cheap back up option, i'm up for this.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Back
Top