Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy26

Youth Team
Messages
258
Reaction score
9
New Series by Rick Gervais

I loved the pilot episode, it has alot of potential and could well be a gem of a series.

the criticism it has drew if very much unfair IMO nothing to suggest Gervais is " taking the piss " out of people with disabilities. Just more gervais bashing really

i believe the first episode of the series after the pilot aired in England recently, any reviews ?

 
I watched it and I quite liked it,Karl makes me laugh by just looking at him. To be fair I like all rickys stuff the office, extras and I love idiot abroad.

 
I love Gervais. My friends think I worship him. I won't watch it until all episodes are available. Things people have been saying on twitter are very positive. From what I can gather it is more so a drama and a comedy. I think a lot of noobs are critical that it isn't funny. That's like having a whinge about Law & Order not being funny.

 
I love Gervais. My friends think I worship him. I won't watch it until all episodes are available. Things people have been saying on twitter are very positive. From what I can gather it is more so a drama and a comedy. I think a lot of noobs are critical that it isn't funny. That's like having a whinge about Law & Order not being funny.
Like all rickys stuff it depends on your sense of humour.

 
Never been a Ricky fan...I think he is overrated.....Ive always thought of him as an over confident twat.....Just my taste i suppose

 
Can't stand Gervais, he's not funny and he just comes off as a twat.

 
I wouldn't know if Derek is in poor taste or not. I'd assume that it probably is because Ricky Gervais is behind it, but I can't be bothered to waste my time finding out for sure. The man isn't funny, never has been and the world would be a better place if he were blinked out of existence. 

 
Gervais is a d**khead, an over-grown schoolboy who disappeared up his own arse after he got lucky with The Office (thanks mainly to his working with a bunch of talented people). Whenever I see him on TV and hear that obnoxious laugh I want to reach in and squash his stupid head.

I haven't watched any of Derek yet but It's probably safe to say it won't be my cup of tea.

 
Not a great fan of the man, but if it's a choice between him, James Corden, Miranda, Dawn French or any of the unfunny career f**kwits making a good living out of not being funny at all then Ricky it is.

 
Why not just pick none of them, they're all terrible. Jo Brand is f**king appaling as well, how does she keep getting hired for these panel shows.

 
I liked the office in spite of Gervais & I love Idiot Abroad, but that's for Karl.

I did enjoy Derek & for those that haven't seen it, perhaps you should judge the show & not the man. It's not a comedy more a drama/comedy if it had anyone else as the lead actor people would be going mad for it.

 
i think this thread proves alot about gervais, you either love him or hate !

Shed pensioner i live in australia so havent seen any episodes yet of derek apart from the Pilot, is the 1st episode after along the same lines ?

 
i think this thread proves alot about gervais, you either love him or hate !

Shed pensioner i live in australia so havent seen any episodes yet of derek apart from the Pilot, is the 1st episode after along the same lines ?
Very much along those lines, I think the point being, see the person & not the disability.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top