Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFCholland

First Team Regular
Messages
3,161
Reaction score
850
I didn't find another Dexter topic so I hope this is alright.

Soo, I just watched the last episode of Dexter and it really shocked me. Could also be because it was the last episode i'll ever see but whatever. Has anyone seen this show, and what did you think?

I just feel like I need someone to talk to haha.

 
Season 1 was a master piece. Best season of tv I've seen.

2 - 4 was good

5 to 8 was like watching something I love being destroyed piece by piece til an unrecognisable husk remained.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Season 1 was a master piece. Best season of tv I've seen.

2 - 4 was good

5 to 8 was like watching something I love being destroyed piece by piece til an unrecognisable husk remained.
I kind of have to agree with you. I don't know the seasons by heart but after the trinity killer the season went down hill in my opinion.

 
It's also one of the rare situations where the series is better than the books. Even season 8 was better than the direction the books went in

 
It's also one of the rare situations where the series is better than the books. Even season 8 was better than the direction the books went in
season 8 was the worst one, thanks for telling me. 

I will spare me the time.

 
I hate this damn show, but I hate any show that's FX besides Justified.

 
Dexter was a bit annoying, stupid little ginger kid, and his sister got on my tits with her constant bouncing around.

 
Dexter was a great show until season 4. After that it went downhill faster than Arsenal's title ambitions last season.

The ending was truly awful. I can't believe a group of writers actually thought "hey, this would be a great idea" and actually came up with that stupid ending.

Ughhh. Makes me so angry when I think about it. 

 
I agree the show went downhill quite a bit. But it was still a very good watch in my opinion.

 
The first season was a semi entertaining but entirely ridiculous yarn. After that it was rotten.

America has made some great tv series in recent years. Dexter was on a par with Lost for being a dismal failure.

 
The first season was a semi entertaining but entirely ridiculous yarn.
Not only that, the camera work, lighting, sound and all that stuff was gritty and unique. The reveals. When the copy cat guy asks dexter who he is and he breaks the fourth wall as he looks into the camera and smiles is one of my favourite moments in television. They just abandoned all of that.

Then it turned into a generic cop drama where the further along it got the more cliche and stale it got. By the end Dexter was hardly even killing killers and feeling the need to kill which was the thing that made the damn show interesting.

And somehow, the story direction the books went in was even worse. Real demons and all that crap even though book 2's "hangman" killer was at least interesting.

They got their big payoff in season 1 then just turned it into a generic cop show drawn out for 7 more seasons.

I'm bitter.

edit:

I think it went to sh*t because they changed the formula. Season 1 Dexter didn't know who the killer was til like the 11th episode. Most of the rest had him knowing right at the beginning and spending a season chasing which just gets boring.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best series I have seen but yeah, it did go downhill after season 4 or 5 and the ending was shockingly bad.

 
The first season was a semi entertaining but entirely ridiculous yarn. After that it was rotten.

America has made some great tv series in recent years. Dexter was on a par with Lost for being a dismal failure.
Dont agree with that bit about Lost buddy!

Lost was an amazing show! Granted it drifted a bit in season 4 and got too wacky at times for it's own good. But the character development was brilliant.

I loved almost every minute of that show. You had to watch it all from the very beginning to get into it.

The ending was very unsatisfying, but it was never gonna be straight forward.

 
Dexter was a great show. I do agree with the ending though, it was just stupid.

As for Lost, it started off great but then just got more and more stupid as it went on. The problem was I was so invested in it by then I had to keep watching it.

 
Dexter was a great show. I do agree with the ending though, it was just stupid.

As for Lost, it started off great but then just got more and more stupid as it went on. The problem was I was so invested in it by then I had to keep watching it.
Agree that it got crazier, it wasn't needed. it had enough appeal and mystic with the original plot outline.Season 1 was incredible I watched it in 3 days. Only started to go downhill a bit from season 4 on.

One day I will watch them all again, maybe!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah Mckay was hot! Luman (sp) was good looking also. I even found Debs quite hot.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top