I can’t resist it so here goes
It’s actually worth looking at the timeline re Sánchez. He was already training and indeed playing in the US for Chelsea ( against Wrexham) weeks before his transfer was formally announced in early August .I suspect discussions, medical agreements etc were in train roughly the same time as Brighton were conducting theirs with their target.
The funny part for me in all this is that Brighton have the reputation for using data to inform their decisions yet the data when comparing the outcomes in 23/24 with Steele as number one was inferior. I would agree that they probably were not happy with either and when we started sniffing around they saw an opportunity and who wouldn’t
If you look at this article dated 17/7/ 23 it was announced that he was he was part of the squad travelling to the US.
Football London
Dream Chelsea pre-season tour squad for Maresca with thre...Chelsea news as the Blues prepare to name their pre-season tour squad for a trip to America with transfers possible
I don’t rate Sanchez at all and whilst I like most think that Petrović is likely a better keeper I am far from sure, and it seems be it because of ability or indeed attitude that the view at the club is the same.
Hey yesterday wasn’t my best day so at its end I was firing from the hip. I really don’t want to ignore any Chelsea supporter so in the spirit or “ reconciliation “ we are going to have to agree to disagree on no doubt this and possibly quite a few matters where views are based on opinion rather than fact
After the Bournemouth game at home which we drew 2-2 thanks to a last minute free kick we were on the tube and a chap said to me “ Sanchez should get out of my club” He went on to say “ He is sh*t”
My response was he isn’t that good. And he isn’t !