- Messages
- 22,719
- Reaction score
- 6,604
It would appear there is not a huge amount of interest in tomorrow's game on here. Maybe because it is a friendly, maybe because most football fans care more about their club than their international team (I know I do) or maybe because McLaren has picked a poor side, in a stupid pointless formation.
Personally:
1. I would have stuck with Robinson in goals purely because he is going to be the first choice keeper going forward so we may as well take the chance to play him through his average form.
2. I would not be playing 4-3-3 becuase there is no way in hell we are going to play that in any of our competitive matches so we may as well allow the players more time to play the formation that they will be asked to play most often.
3. So I would have gone with the 4-4-2 that McLaren will play in future and I would have played Barry on the left side of midfield, Defoe up front, G Neville at left back, Richards at right back
Personally:
1. I would have stuck with Robinson in goals purely because he is going to be the first choice keeper going forward so we may as well take the chance to play him through his average form.
2. I would not be playing 4-3-3 becuase there is no way in hell we are going to play that in any of our competitive matches so we may as well allow the players more time to play the formation that they will be asked to play most often.
3. So I would have gone with the 4-4-2 that McLaren will play in future and I would have played Barry on the left side of midfield, Defoe up front, G Neville at left back, Richards at right back