Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedward was quite bad last night. Despite the song being upbeat and they bounced around like bunnies on speed, the performance still lacked energy. It was quite lacklustre.

And their singing was off as well.

Quite happy with the ones who made it through to the final. Kept my fingers crossed for Finland and Israel, but they didn't make it unfortunately.

Slightly disappointed at Cyprus. I really liked the song, but I feared it would be great live since the girl singing it always have playback. I've seen several videos of her and she never sings for real.

And of course, she sounded a bit off yesterday. But I still like the song.

Worst last night was Montenegro. Terrible song and the singer looked like someone who hasn't showered for weeks and been living under a bridge. He made me feel like taking a shower just by looking at him.

And San Marinos song about Facebook really makes you want to hide your head in a pillow. So embarrasing.

Not sure what I can say about Russia. The song isn't that good, but just look at the little old ladies - especially the smallest and oldest one - you just have to love them.

And the hosts sucked. They usually do.

 
Jedward was quite bad last night. Despite the song being upbeat and they bounced around like bunnies on speed, the performance still lacked energy. It was quite lacklustre.And their singing was off as well.
Was there any part of what you wrote which surprised you in anyway?

 
Denmark and Cyprus (I think, the La La Love song) were catchy as f**k.

 
Was there any part of what you wrote which surprised you in anyway?
As strange as it might sound, yes, it did surprise me.

Hear me out, please.

Before last years ESC my opinion of Jedward was that their singing was off and I was all prepared to criticise them, but unlike some performances I had seen their singing wasn't that bad at the ESC. I would actually say that they sang quite well (not saying their singing isn't limited though).

And as for their energy, they seemed really focused and fully charged on stage.

This year they didn't seem to be really in it. Like they didn't care. And when I for once expected them to sing well, they sounded off.

Having said that, I will not firmly state that I am in no way a fan of Jedward. But neither do I dislike them.

 
I'll show you some support Moosie and tickle my willie for Ms Talhaoui, Heja Sverige :FALLEN_01:

 
it's between greece and romania for hottest crumpet so far....russian grannies have to win the whole thing :music-smiley-007:

 
Crumpets and oldies from Russia. Are you mad!?

True, the russian ladies really do make me smile. Can't help but loving them. Still, they can't win. Surely.

For me the best ones are:

Sweden

Estonia

Albania

Italy

Spain

Macedonia

Serbia

Moldova

 
Are you not going to post some youtubes for us so we can judge for ourselves?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Crumpets and oldies from Russia. Are you mad!?

True, the russian ladies really do make me smile. Can't help but loving them. Still, they can't win. Surely.

For me the best ones are:

Sweden

Estonia

Albania

Italy

Spain

Macedonia

Serbia

Moldova
someone is taking it a little too seriously :face_palm: ...the event is a joke...something us brits laugh at and have parties involving drinking games...the russian grannies are a suitable winner

 
excellent...as things stand we're in last place :laugh2:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
bollox...robbed of last place by Norway!!!!!!!! Europe still hates us, but we don't care ::MooNeY::

 
Called Sweden to win it after the Semi-Final the other day. What the actual hell was the Albania act about? That was glorified cats drowning.

I question why the UK bothers to compete anymore

 
Called Sweden to win it after the Semi-Final the other day. What the actual hell was the Albania act about? That was glorified cats drowning.

I question why the UK bothers to compete anymore
They don't. UK keep sending songs that are either complete crap or else songs produced to be high profile and usually they're not that great either.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the singing most of the times been quite bad? Even an experienced old timer like Humperdinck screwed up tonight.

As for Albania. I have to say that I really like that song. But I am also very surprised to see that I'm not the only one. Never thought it would finish top half and to see it near the top was quite a surprise. Very happy for it though. One heck of a voice that woman have.

 
case of eurphoria?
You bet. Feels absolutely frickin' amazing. I have to try and get tickets for the final next year. Too bad it wont take place in the usual arena, because they will be playing World Cup hockey there at that date. Personally I wouldn't mind if they kicked out all the hockey players. ESC before hockey any day!

 
Congrats Moosie, dopet och Eurovision i en och samma vecka kan Sverige överleva?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top