Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to fix the strikers finishing bug...i have tried all combinations and different roles for each time still they can't just seem to finish off the easiest of chances

i have got Darren Bent,Derdiyok,Elmander,Gervinho,Lukaku none of them can finish at all :JC_doubledown:

 
I've took about 4 games to the 2018 mark and I've never seen him playing higher than a relegation battling prem side. What did you do with him coz I gave up on him. I gave him about 20 games a season and had Lamps and Essien tutor him and by 23 he hadn't improved

 
OO Yeah that would make alot of sense then. I had him play both reserve and full team, had hamsik and lampard constantly tutoring him, Played him in a couple of big games and somehow became a three and a half star player by end of second season/2012. That was until he got injured (3months) luckly its happened in july so hoepfully his stats wont take a massive drop.

 
Taking out personal vendettas in FM is always great. One of the first things I did as Newcastle manager in FM 06 was to fine Dean Saunders repeatedly, then fire his arse.
Ha ha, brilliant mate, you should be allowed to do the same in real life just for thinking of it.

 
Adding another manager, then taking over someone like Liverpool and releasing all their players is always fun.

 
Sacking all the coaching staff at Utd then filling the staff quota with the worst ones you can find on 5 year deals. The decline is slower and feels so much more real and satisfying :D

 
This is what I did once,

Used the editor to give Rooney a 'stubbed toe' or something that would last for 3 years.

Stayed injured in the reserves for a year with terrible morale, got released bu ManU...

I signed him on a free trial, put him in the u-18's for a week and released him again..

Eventually retired after a couple of months.

Quite satisfying.:)

 
Just wait for 2012. As soon as the transfers and new budgets start coming out and the season begins you probably won't bother with it. I never do. Only about 4 months to go :JC_doubleup:

 
Recently started playing my copy of '05. It's quite interesting.

In general, wages and transfer fees are a lot lower (highest wages at Chelsea are 90k).

Roman gave me a budget of 41mil, and said he wanted big name signings. After selling a few players (Veron, Crespo, Smertin), I brought in a young Sneijder (AMRLC), De Jong (DRLC), Hargreaves D/DMRLC), a 17 year old Messi, an 18 year old Ramos. None were big enough names, so it came to the last week of the transfer window, Roman expressed his dissapointment in me, and he made offers for Ronaldo (the Brazilian), and Totti. Two strikers, I had no need for. I have Drogba and Kezman starting, with Carlton Cole as a 4th (and was considering getting another youngster). Anyway, he ended up signing Totti for me for 56million...ergh. Luckily Ronaldo rejected the first contract, and the window closed before he could accept a new one. Otherwise I would have ended up with two expensive players, neither wanted.

Anyway, the team has a nostalgic feel to it.

Cech

Ferreira-Terry-Carvalho-Bridge

Robben-Lampard-Sneijder-Duff

Drogba-Totti

Cudicini-Johnson-DeJong-Huth-Tiago-Parker-Makalele-Messi-Cole(Joe)-Kezman-Gudjohnson-Hargreaves-Geremi

Won 8 out of 11 league games (drawn 3), won all 3 ECL group games so far...but unfortunately Arsenal have won 10/10 league games :(

Oh well, it's a lot of fun playing with the old team, and I don't have to do all those crappy press conferences :Connie_threaten: ...I miss the extensive confidence metres though. I want my fans to like my signings. Sneijder and Hargreaves have been great so far.

 
Going to make a new Chelsea career and play some 4-3-3 footie with flair, try and get it running like boas did at porto!

Hope to achieve something like this as my starting 11.

------------------Cech

VdW-----Luiz--------JT---------Cole

-----------------Essien

-------Modric-----------Pastore

Hulk------------------------------Neymar

------------------Torres

Whats the latest patch? im on 11.2.0 should be fine I guess!

 
updated to 11.3 anyway because I didnt have torres in the team and dont want to waste cash on that transfer!

Players im going to sell.

Hilario

Turnbull

Zhirkov

Malouda

Kalou

Anelka

Benayoun

Ferreira

bosingwa

Ins

Begovic

Modric

Pastore

Hulk

Neymar

VdW

Promote

McEachran

PvA

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Going to make a new Chelsea career and play some 4-3-3 footie with flair, try and get it running like boas did at porto!

Hope to achieve something like this as my starting 11.

------------------Cech

VdW-----Luiz--------JT---------Cole

-----------------Essien

-------Modric-----------Pastore

Hulk------------------------------Neymar

------------------Torres

Whats the latest patch? im on 11.2.0 should be fine I guess!
That would be unbeliveable in real life

 
Not that it's going to be of any interest to any of you, but this is my current team on FM 2010:

Season: 2027/2028

Team: Hitchin Town FC

League: Premier League

Goalkeepers:

Riccardo Di Pasquale - Signed him for a very cheap £3,000,000 after his contract was running out with Man Utd.

Left Backs

Diego - Signed him 12 seasons ago for £100,000 from Alicante when I was in the Coca Cola Championship and he's been with me ever since.

Jacob Connor - Highly promising youngster signed from West Brom last season for £2,500,000

Right Backs

André Lemos - Young Portugese defender, signed for £1,900,000 from a small Portugese club a couple of years ago.

Pierre - Another youngster, this one from Brazil. Got him for £1,600,000 from Athletico Minerio. Not as good physically as Lemos, but better in the tackle.

Centre Backs

Adam Waters © - Club captain for a number of years since I left (yes I made myself and played for the team, sue me).

John Mcgrath - My biggest ever transfer fee, signed him for £27,500,000 from Blackburn to add some more quality to the back.

James Spencer - A relative unknown as he was playing in Russia for Zenit for some reason, got him for £6,000,000 a few years ago

Joaquin - Young spanish centre back, signed for just under £2,000,000 as backup for the 3 main guys.

Centre Midfield

Dudu Cearense - Had to shell out £15,000,000 for this guy, but he's a 5 star player already at only 23, so was well worth it. Already getting offers of £30m+ for him.

Nick Johnson - Only paid £100,000 for him from Fulham and it's probably one of the best bits of business I've done. He made not be a world beater, but he puts in a lot of work and pops up with about 5-10 goals per season as well as quite a few assists.

Karl Holland - Probably going to sell him soon as I've got another CM coming in in January.

Michael Taylor - £11,000,000 purchase a few season ago, was hoping he'd turn into a Lampard-like player and pop up with lots of goals, but yet to fulfill his potential really.

Left Wing

Kane Elliot - Quality winger. Got him for £5,000,000 from Southampton before he broke into their team, pops up with quite a few goals and assists, plus he's got quick pace and is always beating men down the wing.

Right Wing

Klaas Bawens - Second spell at the club after I sold him a while ago. He's not rated highly by my staff, but he's got great pace and is always likely to beat his man, so I still play him a lot.

Oliver Warwicker - Promising young winger, had a successful loan spell at Sheff Utd last year and is getting more opportunites with me now.

Khaled Abdel Aziz - Some Egyptian guy I signed for free after his contract at Barcelona ran out. He's alright, but 3rd choice RW really. Will sell him next year to make a bit of profit.

Strikers

Alan Donnelly - Probably the best kid to come through my youth team so far. Has been in the first team for about 4 years now and has hit about 50 league goals.

Dan Clarke - Signed him from Stoke when I was in desperate need of a goal scorer during Alan Donnelly's "3 goals in a season" season. Already hit 52 goals for me in just over 2 seasons.

Chris Corbett - One of the highest rated young strikers a few years ago, so I snapped him up from Crewe after failing to get him for just over a year. Starting to bag the goals regularly now.

This is my usual formation:

2011-06-30_00022.jpg


And this is the league table so far this season:

2011-06-30_00023.jpg


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top