Gabi Veiga

JM7

Legend
Messages
13,729
Reaction score
5,919
BREAKING : Mauricio Pochettino wants Gabri Veiga, who has a £34.4m release clause. Chelsea are prepared to push hard. (@JacobSteinberg) #CFC

After losing out on Ugarte, Pochettino turned his focus to Veiga. (@JacobSteinberg) #CFC

Good source..but no idea who he is or if he’s any good. 

 
Only thing I know is that he took the piss out of Barcelona the other weekend. 

Not sure why Ugarte and Veiga are being mentioned in the same sentence as they seem completely different in profile. 

 
Spanish midfielder who plays for Celta Vigo. I know nothing about him other than that quick Google.

 
From what I read he is a gem of a player. He's a midfielder with a good technique and not shy to shoot from outside the area. Apparently there's interest from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Look at that goal


 
Really we need to concern ourselves more with players leaving than players coming in so Pochettino has a smaller squad to deal with.

Want a new keeper? Sure we need one but at least one of Mendy or Kepa need to be on their way first, or at least close to the door and just about to sign.

Want a new midfielder? Great we should upgrade but first is RLC being sold to Milan? Is Gallagher staying? What about Kova and Kante? Etc

Or a new striker? Ok but first we need to sort out Lukaku.

As it is we already have Nkunku in to join Pulisic, Ziyech, Mudryk, Madueke and Sterling and that is assuming Havertz and Mounts moves don't fall through.

 
He's got 11 goals and 4 assists, which I guess for a team like Celta is not a bad output for a midfielder.
Looks like he makes up for it with his goal scoring. He and Musiala the only U21 players in Europe's top 5 leagues to have more than 10 goals. 

 
On the face of it he seems like a Mount replacement? I honestly haven't a clue how Pochettino wants to set us up at the moment. 
Is that Santos or Carneys position?  I don’t  know what’s going on anymore.  Does anyone even know Mounts position at this point.

 
Looks like a carbon copy of Mount so I’d be very happy with this profile of signing if Mount is to leave. 

 
We already have these profiles in the squad .. don’t see the need for signing this guy.. we have Chucky .. Cesare.. Santos.. Gallagher.. 

can we stop this nonsense of Neymar and Gabi and as someone above put it focus on outgoings a DM and a striker..

 
We already have these profiles in the squad .. don’t see the need for signing this guy.. we have Chucky .. Cesare.. Santos.. Gallagher.. 
Chukwuemeka may go out on loan, Cesare is coming back for the summer so that Pochettino can have a look at him, but he may go out on loan and Santos cannot get a work permit and may all go out on loan? 
Galagher may leave entirely.
Mount wants to leave and Havertz wants to leave too.

A lot is happening.

 
Chukwuemeka may go out on loan, Cesare is coming back for the summer so that Pochettino can have a look at him, but he may go out on loan and Santos cannot get a work permit and may all go out on loan? 
Galagher may leave entirely.
Mount wants to leave and Havertz wants to leave too.

A lot is happening.
Even if all that happens the likelihood is that we will still be way short of the FFP deadline.  Spending money on more players surely won't help our case.

 
I won't pretend to know the first thing about this chap. 

I'm fairly sure we've got plenty of young talented midfielders, so unless we're buying proven quality and experience I don't see the point of splurging. 

 
Looks like a carbon copy of Mount so I’d be very happy with this profile of signing if Mount is to leave. 
Got to watch a fair bit of Celta this year, and i've thought this all year!

Same strengths and weaknesses, he will frustrate many with his ignorance of free runners on the counter attack but his willingness and ability to shoot from range would make an interesting point of difference. I always thought that was one of the best things about Mount's play when he was younger but it has evaporated.

 
Back
Top