Gavi from Barcelona

Interesting ... you've usually got a pretty good handle on things Scott ... would you take him if he was available and wanted to come ?

From your reply, he sounds more suited to a team that likes to kick people rather then a team trying to emulate Manchester City's finer points of football ? 
Well, he would certainly put 100% into every game, which is more than can be said for most of our lot. I do think he has talent, but at the same time I think he is a bit overrated and never should have won the best young player of 2022, I thought there were a lot of young players that were better than him in 2022. I am convinced that he only won it because he plays for Barcelona.

I don't watch all of Barcelona's games, and maybe I missed the ones where he was brilliant, but I haven't seen a single game yet where he's looked like more than a workhorse with the odd decent run, pass and dribble. Maybe as time goes on all of his positives will get better, but it would be a big risk, especially seeing as we have already taken a lot of risks on these potential players that still haven't shown anything for us yet. Also, anytime he seems to come up against teams that have a bit of something about them, he gets bullied. 

I remember watching him against United in the Europa League and it just seemed like the standard Gavi performance. Lots of running, a few nice passes, but mostly fighting, giving away stupid fouls, diving into tackles at the wrong times, misplacing passes and easy frustrated. Just a serious lack of discipline to his footballing ability and his temperament.




 
6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well, he would certainly put 100% into every game, which is more than can be said for most of our lot. I do think he has talent, but at the same time I think he is a bit overrated and never should have won the best young player of 2022, I thought there were a lot of young players that were better than him in 2022. I am convinced that he only won it because he plays for Barcelona.

I don't watch all of Barcelona's games, and maybe I missed the ones where he was brilliant, but I haven't seen a single game yet where he's looked like more than a workhorse with the odd decent run, pass and dribble. Maybe as time goes on all of his positives will get better, but it would be a big risk, especially seeing as we have already taken a lot of risks on these potential players that still haven't shown anything for us yet. Also, anytime he seems to come up against teams that have a bit of something about them, he gets bullied. 

I remember watching him against United in the Europa League and it just seemed like the standard Gavi performance. Lots of running, a few nice passes, but mostly fighting, giving away stupid fouls, diving into tackles at the wrong times, misplacing passes and easy frustrated. Just a serious lack of discipline to his footballing ability and his temperament.


He looks like the Spanish version of Anthony Gordon in that video !

 
There is no way that this is real and even if it is, there is 0 chance that a player like him would ever want to come here.

 
Would be a good signing on a free. I wouldn't spend big on him though. 

 
He'll be a free, won't he?

Very intelligent player and at his age its quite spectacular. Retains the ball well, can work under a press, is an absolute engine, and can be an influence in every phase of the build up. 

I mean if we sell Gallagher for 40m and bring in Gavi for free, we'll look like bloody geniuses. 
Gallagher will be that player in a better team. We have nothing players like Kovacic running the team but contributing nothing. At palace, CG played as a ten and led the team in almost every attacking stat whilst maintains 90+ pass completion.

 We have just become another possession obsessed side going nowhere. Let’s sell Cheek, CG and Mount to Liverpool and watch them laugh.. 😖

 
overrated player, Pedri is far better. They somehow just get lumped in together because of their age and both coming through at a similar time

 
Back
Top